True all wheel drive?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: True all wheel drive?

True all wheel drive?

Was out yesterday with the grandkids and the wife found a deep snow drift and low and behold got stuck up on it (took tracks off -stupid move) - what I saw was that the right wheels where spinning but the left side where not - until she put the right brake on - then the left started to spin - when she let off the right brake - left side stopped spinning again - I was under the assumption that all wheels are to turn when brakes are off. ->> Question - is this normal for these machines or do I have a problem?
    Last edited by Mike; 03-11-2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: moved thread from tire / track forum to Argo forum (assuming you have an Argo)

I think thats normal for an Argo trans.

The argo trans. is like an open diff axle. you have to feather (apply) the left or right brakes to get power what side that has the traction in very low traction situations like snow drifts or very deep mud holes. unlike the trans(t20) in a max, that is true all wheel drive.

It's working right. In order to get your Argo to ack like all wheel drive like T20 you will need to be fast with the right and left sticks.

The T-20 gives you true all wheel drive, and like it was said, the Argo transmission is a differential, so only only one set of wheels will spin at a time. This is also why the engine struggles under slow speed turning with an Argo.......the differential robs a good bit of power. If you jerk the left and right sticks back and forth real fast on an Argo at high RPMs it'll generate a lot of shock load on the drive line.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Take a look at the videos in this thread, it may help you understand. Two camera angles, same Argo w/ wheel spin. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...vs-t-20-a.html
    The good news is, with some practice you CAN learn to feather the brakes just right....and keep up with the t-20 based machines.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Take a look at the videos in this thread, it may help you understand. Two camera angles, same Argo w/ wheel spin. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...vs-t-20-a.html
    The good news is, with some practice you CAN learn to feather the brakes just right....and keep up with the t-20 based machines.

Good point Jim, a little time behind the sticks will get an average person enough skill to keep up with a t20, not to mention having a high and low range.

My Bazoo is true 6 wheel drive also.
    When i get high centered all 6 are spinning.
    Wish I could put a taller tire on to gain some ground clearance.

Thanks for the videos and I really appreciate the comments - Practice makes perfect- Lets all just have fun with what we have LOL

Is the Admiral trans any better?

+ Reply to Thread