New Adair 18.5 inch belted snow and ice tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Adair 18.5 inch belted snow and ice tracks

New Adair 18.5 inch belted snow and ice tracks

Wow, what an impressive track design, looks as if this particular design would work well in deep mud, marsh and swamp land. Tim just continues to work and improve his designs, with every new design being better then the last. I would love to test a set of this particular design in the swamp and marsh lands of my area, I dont see how you could ever get a track like this stuck in the marsh lands where the mud is so soft you can't walk through it with out sinking waist deep in dangerous mud that can literally suck you under.
    My neighbor lost her dog in the marsh behind my home when the tide came in and the dog couldn't free himself from the soft tidal mud.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-19-2013 at 09:44 PM.

That thing is a beast! I hope Tim brings those tracks to the Mud Nationals this weekend!
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

It looks to me like you could put a set of axle extensions in there, then add the Track Extensions to the inside of the tracks as well. That would make them about 22" wide....... I wonder if that would work in the "Overflow" we get on the lakes in the winter

RD

with those metal gussets putting them on the inside one would certainly be scared of tearing up the tub

the tracks are awsome. that is my machine, I drove out to Iowa from Maine and picked it up Saturday. while I was there we took it out for a ride. very impressive track system. In the sort of frozen test ponds they did great, broke thru and was able to climb back up on to the ice. I did need a tow twice but was not used to the machine yet. "If I kept at it I think I could have got out". I have a few hours on the machine now, and the 650 hd has amazing power and spin these tracks with ease. Tim took me on a tour of his shop, very impressive. nothing but good words for the boys in Iowa. they took me and my buddy in like family, the only regret was, I wished we could have spent more time together. a storm was on our heels the whole way back.

hilhilti, Wish I could have seen your new set up, as I am going down to see Tim next week,glad that the new tracks are working for you.I can't wait to test drive them myself. Pretty sure your old unit is going bye bye today.

Quote Originally Posted by rockrewls View Post
    with those metal gussets putting them on the inside one would certainly be scared of tearing up the tub
    I put a strip of 1/4" UHMW up under my fenders for protection. Works very well as a Bumper/Wear Bar. I put "Gold Digger Studs" and the Adair Ice Cleats all the way across my Track Grousers without any problems

RD
    Last edited by Rock Doctor; 03-20-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Hey Doc,
    Did you run the UHMW the full length of the fenders, 1/8"x ?(deep) Screwed to the tub? Any pics? Looking at doing the same thing, haven't checked out the gold digger studs yet,just looked at the MF44 eliminator racing studs, any reason for going the gold digger route?

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Hey Doc,
    Did you run the UHMW the full length of the fenders, 1/8"x ?(deep) Screwed to the tub? Any pics? Looking at doing the same thing, haven't checked out the gold digger studs yet,just looked at the MF44 eliminator racing studs, any reason for going the gold digger route?
    Full length under the fenders, I believe I went with a 3" wide strip (originally intended to line up over the cleats on my Supertracks). Bolted through the fenders with Counter Sunk 1/4" bolts. The only nasty spot is under the Air Intake Shroud. Also be careful that you don't drill up into the seat frame...... Don't ask
    As for the Gold Diggers..... I had them, so I used them. I don't know a lot about studs, I just put them on and tried them.
    Oh, sorry, the strip is 1/4 thick not 1/8 thick. I will go edit that post.
    RD

yeah the protector strips would make a world of difference!!

+ Reply to Thread