All-UHMW, All-Escargo Steel, and Escargo Steel/UHMW hybrid track test

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: All-UHMW, All-Escargo Steel, and Escargo Steel/UHMW hybrid track test

[QUOTE=mightymaxIV;144215]Wow the track wars seem to be heating up, every video gets better, the Channel track guy just posted some video of his Argo doing climbs that scared the hell out of me. Brandon just posted some video of Tim's Argo HDI at the Mud Nationals. This is getting fun, where are you Rock Doc, you should be getting some break up mud now, let's see your conquest in action! And what about you Fox Valley and Mud bug?

Oh Reeeeeally, lol
    I took these yesterday:
    Can you see the Backhoe behind the JD Skidsteer?
    [IMG]

[IMG]

RD

here's one from the other day. 2 avenger 700's. Sorry about the shaky camera. Didn't realize I moved my head around that much

escargo hybrid tracks spring ride - YouTube

Wow nice video. Those were some pretty big trees and logs you were running over. I didn't think you would try the fallen tree at the 2:45 mark, the down hill grade on the other side of the hill looked dangerous, I was quite surprised to see both machines go over that fallen tree, that was some extremely rough terrain. I was extremely impressed that your machines were able to knock down and cross over fallen trees while climbing uphill (*it takes a lot of power and traction to do that).

the topless machine had all-plastic, the aluminum top machine had 1/3 steel. You could tell in a few spots where traction cleats help. We should have a 50% steel hybrid 22" wide track and an all-steel track @ 5 inch spacing (156 lbs) also 22" wide getting some video soon. Some really nasty conditions are opening up.

That looked like a lot of fun.
    Were both machines running fairly light? I thought you were empty for most of the vid, but then at the end I thought you looked almost level in the water.... Which would normally mean you had a bit of weight in the back. So now I'm not sure.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    That looked like a lot of fun.
    Were both machines running fairly light? I thought you were empty for most of the vid, but then at the end I thought you looked almost level in the water.... Which would normally mean you had a bit of weight in the back. So now I'm not sure.

RD
    you bet.....definitely lots of fun. Both machines were light. I know one side of the creek was shallow, one side was deep. That might have been what you saw? For me, a nose-downstream approach to the deeper opposite bank probably would have been better as the current would grab the rear of the machine and pull it downstream as soon as you hit the bank. I almost wish I would have had the ox to play around in that spot. I think I would have at least been able to "monkey-around" a bit more at each attempt to get the machine "squared-up" with both tracks eventually grabbing....at least I think so? kcj512 had success trying the nose-downstream approach. With the ox, you can get one side up and then just keep working that side forward/backward while keeping the low side track turning forward. Kind of like continuous, small counter -roations gaining ground a bit each time. Seems like you can eventually jockey the machine to where the 2nd track will also grab. The water will continue to come up higher. I hope to try to get some video of this in a few spots......or accidentally swamp myself.....at least it will be on video

+ Reply to Thread