MuddOx tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MuddOx tires

MuddOx tires

Has any MuddOx owner tried squeezing the 26" Goodyear Super Terra Grip tire onto an Ox now that the 25" Goodyear is no longer available from Goodyear? They do a great job of swimming when the Max IV is wearing them, just wondered if anyone tried them yet on the Beast.

They fit. Matt is having a custom tire made just for the ox with the same tread pattern and size. He did say they would ride nicer though If you want some, give him a shout, they should be ready anytime now.

Thanks Jim. Any idea how fast they will propel the Ox in the water?

I really don't know. That's a good question for Matt though. For all I know, he hasn't even tested a set out yet. He did say he dug his pond out bigger though, and I bet he'd let you test them out before buying them. Are your rawhides worn out, or are you just looking for more water speed?

It was just a general question not specific to me.

When I spoke to Matt regarding his tires, he indicated they will be a pretty good swimming tire.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I have a Mudd Ox with the 25" Rawhide IIIs on it. I've got some 26" Max IV tires also, I'll see if I can get some time to put them on and try it out.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I heard today the new MuddOx tires should be making their debute at Ashtabula.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'm really interested....I wish I knew more about the tires

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I heard today the new MuddOx tires should be making their debute at Ashtabula.
    I talked with Matt and he is still on track to debut his new tires at Ashtabula.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm really interested....I wish I knew more about the tires
    From what I am hearing the tires will be 26" in diameter. They will be a Mudd Ox branded tire with a really cool Mudd Ox lable on them. They will also be on a 12" rim. If I understand correctly it will be a rim Matt is having made with his awesome bead lock like his Mudd Ox 9" bead lock rims. They are supposed to cost much less than the Argo tires. They should swim really well and are also designed to work really well in tracks. Even though Matt has his own rubber tracks for the Mudd Ox, Matt has talked with Tim at Adair Argo about the new tires and how they will work really well in the Adair tracks. I believe Matt said "Tim will love them". Even though the official debut is to be at Ashtabula, the tires will be at the Mudd Ox Mecca before then, and if a guy would happen to show up there with say his Hustler Bigfoot and Max IV and accidentally put them on and sort of drive out into Matt's new pond, some videos of this might just sort of accidentally get posted on this thread somehow.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 05-09-2013 at 02:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread