new propulsion drive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new propulsion drive

new propulsion drive

I found this post on Route 6x6 .

We just finished our first tests of a new "jet wheel" reactive propulsion device for use on any amphibious vehicle. It will be especially useful on 6x6 or 8x8's with tracks. It gives excellent control , provides good speed forward or reverse, installs in 30 seconds and requires no vehicle modifications. Can fit any tire size, and is light weight.
    Ray Kolis

Jet Wheel Water Trials Argo Frontier 23 hp.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 11-13-2007 at 02:04 AM. Reason: embedded video

What does it actually look like?

I was looking at those last night also I didn't actual see pictures of it but here (I hope) is the drawing he had on how it works
    Attached Images

From the looks of the rear as he turned the corner it must be some sort of paddle that attaches to the outside of the wheel.

Probably could use a set in the front. It looks like he's about to be driving a frontier/submarine!

That sketch is very simple, I like it. The only downside I see is that you would have to take it off as soon as you got out of the water so that it doesn't get damaged. But I guess you only need it if you are going to be spending lots of time in the water that day anyway so that's not that big of a deal.

Ray said there doing more testing they couldn't go any faster with pushing the noise under when they make some adjustments it should be nice , I am with you it seems like you would have to take it off after crossing the water before you got onto the thick stuff on the marsh. I can't wait to see his next video

Well if anyone can get it figured out it's Ray. He did some really good work on his bushwhacker

I'm gonna add a set of removable paddles. I have a set of blue prints just need time & $$$
    It's a cool idea to use propeller drive, but with the imminent danger of damage out of waer it's notfor me! I'm looking into using aluminum for the paddles. tread water easily, and can be used out of water!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

There used to be an old wheel winch that would bolt onto a truck hub and thus used as a winch. I wonder if the same method can be used for paddle wheels? Have 2 paddled which are bolted on the front tires (I am thinking front since more power exists there and the paddles may provide some lift). No drawings but here is a link to what the wheel winch was like
    http://www.landyonline.co.za/techtal.../Quarry033.jpg
    So instead of a winch, you would have paddles fitted. Not necessarily ideal for trail riding but may an easy low cost solution for water.

I don't own a 6x6 yet. But came acrossed these and wondered if they would help on a 6x6 in the water

Mud Slingers ATV Mud Paddles

Tim

+ Reply to Thread