18hp briggs with comet 780 series clutch bolt size?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 18hp briggs with comet 780 series clutch bolt size?

18hp briggs with comet 780 series clutch bolt size?

i need to know how long and what size threads for this bolt. thanks

The proper answer would be "a bolt long enough, but not too long"

The question is not a simple one. Crankshafts vary and some applications take spacers that move the clutch out farther for alignment.
    I'd look for a bolt that gives you at least 1/2" of threads into the crank, and 3/4" would be better. Just be careful not to bottom out the bolt in the hole.

The 18hp briggs probably takes either a 3/8" or 7/16" fine thread bolt if you are looking for diameter?

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    The proper answer would be "a bolt long enough, but not too long"

The question is not a simple one. Crankshafts vary and some applications take spacers that move the clutch out farther for alignment.
    I'd look for a bolt that gives you at least 1/2" of threads into the crank, and 3/4" would be better. Just be careful not to bottom out the bolt in the hole.

The 18hp briggs probably takes either a 3/8" or 7/16" fine thread bolt if you are looking for diameter?

well thread pitch helps i didnt think there would be that big of a different in cranks... my crank isnt that long(6-8inchs) so i cant space much but will have to have it spaced some

thanks!

+ Reply to Thread