6x6 Racing in Ashtabula, Ohio June 22-23 2013

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Racing in Ashtabula, Ohio June 22-23 2013

6x6 Racing in Ashtabula, Ohio June 22-23 2013

6x6 ATV racing is back for the fifth year in a row!

Thanks to Bud Fischer of Fischer Cycle, the weekend of June 22-23rd at Pine Lake raceway in Ashtabula, Ohio will mark the fifth consecutive year of six wheeler racing. Check out the pictures and videos from the last four years to see what it is all about:

Six Wheeler Racing in 2012
    Six Wheeler Racing in 2011
    Six Wheeler Racing in 2010
    Six Wheeler Racing in 2009

When
    June 22-23, 2013
    Saturday-Sunday

These are the official dates but just like last year Bud has graciously offered to open the gates to us even earlier. He said that you can show up any time that week to camp and still only pay for the weekend.

Here is a link to the event on the calendar so that you can get an email reminder if you wish: 6x6 Racing in Ashtabula Ohio

Where
    The Pine Lake racetrack in Ashtabula, OH. USA
    Here is a link to the track on Google: Pine Lake
    The address associated with it is 3706 Maple Road in Kingsville Ohio

Note: If your GPS or online mapping software doesn't recognize that road use this address for directions: 2488 Plymouth Gageville Rd Ashtabula, OH 44004 That will take you right to Maple Road. Turn on Maple Road and the track should be down on the left.

How Much
    $35 per person for the entire weekend including primitive camping.
    $15 per person (per day) if you just want to come watch. So if you show up Sunday to watch the races you just pay $15 to get in.
    $20 per person to enter a class for racing. Most of this money is going towards trophies / plaques.

Classes
    The classes will depend on the number of people that show up and they will be decided once everyone arrives. Some of the previous classes that we have had were:

Juniors
    Powder Puff
    Four Stroke Stock
    Four Stroke Modified
    Two Stroke Stock
    Two Stroke Modified
    Over 50 class
    Free for All

Schedule
    Friday - Set up camp and trail ride
    Saturday - 11:00am: 45 min - 1 hour Enduro Race
    Saturday - After lunch: Test and Tune with practice laps around track
    Sunday - Races

Other Events
    Like last year Bud will have other things to do when you aren't racing:
    -Trail riding will be available all weekend
    -A ramp will be available for easy access to the front pond.

Safety
    This year's safety requirements are just like last years. You will need:

-At least a 3 point cage
    -Seat belts with shoulder harnesses
    -Helmets

Places to Stay
    There is primitive camping allowed at the track. Like last year Bud will have toilets available for everyone to use.
    If you don't want to camp at the track there are several choices of hotels close by in either Ashtabula, Ohio or Kingsville, Ohio. Here are four that are close to the track:
    Holiday Inn Express
    Hampton Inn
    Sleep Inn
    Days Inn

Reserved

reserved?

I just put that as a placeholder so I can add more information there as needed. Ultimately I will use that to post the photos and videos and copy it over to a new thread. Just ignore that for now.

Trying to figure how much sausage. Please let me know who and how much you want.

What to bring to ashtabula?

If I get to go this year....what should I bring besides the obvious? How much does stuff cost, etc etc. Thanks guys.
    "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything"

"Theres the right way to do things, the wrong way to things, and the way everyone else does it"

Max II, 22 Inch Rawhides, Winch, 16hp Briggs Vanguard...My First AATV...

It's a very inexpensive event. Bring tools, extra parts, extra cash so you can buy something if you see it there at the swap meet, food, some nuts and bolts, camping gear, party supplies (there will be a lot of that there, Bud even supplied us with a keg of it before), and some diapers if you plan on racing or doing some extreme trail riding because it'll get crazy. I have a very good feeling that this year is going to be the biggest turnout at Ashtabula yet.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

It's also a good thing to check the weather forcast before you leave. It's USUALLY hot there, but there have been the occaisional monsoons. Diapers,JP????????. Is that why your motor was "acting up" last year?

I'm gonna bring a couple of hot dog buns and head over to Mike and Little G's camp to see if I can snag a free lunch or two

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    I'm gonna bring a couple of hot dog buns and head over to Mike and Little G's camp to see if I can snag a free lunch or two

Joe.
    You are bringing way more than Swift ever brings for weekend supplies. I think a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread is his standard ride food supply.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Closed Thread