anyone hve an idea on how to make a run-flat tire?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone hve an idea on how to make a run-flat tire?

anyone hve an idea on how to make a run-flat tire?

have an old max that's going to be a trailer but the tires are badly dry rotted. new ones are 150 each here in ak so was thinking of repairing them and making then a solid core. anyone ever done this or heard of it?

There are certain closed cell urathane foam materials out there,that a guy could try to inject into the stem,not sure what type of foam is needed, though. Just watched a program about making solid tires,and they used this type of foam. Most of them are 2 part,and expand when mixed together.
    I'm guessing the foam is very expensive, and injecting into rotten tires might be throwing good money after bad.
    There has to be a set of used tires out there cheap if a guy looks hard enough. Good luck with it.

Look up tire balls. However, they may be as much as new tires. I really don't know.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Why not use tubes??

If your doing the balloons in your avatar you would be better off buying new, an ag shop could get them filled for you but the weight would hurt you. rims and tires are the best bet, there are some in the classifieds forum, if you have rims and tires tubes are the cheapest for now.

I remember reading somewhere on here where someone filled with a special mix of antifreeze and maybe silicon gel?? Not sure gel is the correct term, but its been too long & i can't remember..... But i know there is something on here about it.... Yeah, that doesn't really help much.

Tire Sealant

1 part Latex mold builder
    1 part Slime tubeless
    1 part cheap antifreeze
    2 parts water (Work your way up. 2 parts water may be to runny/thin)
    Some "Glitter" to help plug holes

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Tire Sealant

1 part Slime tubeless
    1 part cheap antifreeze

RD
    That's it. I've had tyres that you could put your finger through the cracks in the side wall, these were just leaking when I put it in and it just felt like it had a tube inside and they are still being used. Start with about 300 mls per tyres. If it still leaks I've put 100 mls straight Latex in on top of the mix and run it around. That worked.
    Dan.

what is slime tubeless?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Tire Sealant

1 part Slime tubeless
    1 part cheap antifreeze

RD

Silly question: how does it work at below zero F? Does it pool on one side of the tire and freeze?

+ Reply to Thread