tire leaking questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tire leaking questions

tire leaking questions

So here is my dilema. I am running 22x11-8 rawhide III's on my max 2 and have two tires that never hold air more then a Half an hour. both leak at the bead pretty bad but also the one has a small sidewall puncture. The reason the one leaks at the bead is due to tons of rubber missing off tires due to spinning on rims. Obviously these tires arent made anymore but looking to see what peoples suggestions are. I was thinking trying to find some of the tubes for the tires that have the steel stems on them that nut and bolt through the valve stem holes seeing as i know regular ones would shear the stems off after a while.... Anybody have any suggestions? should I just try bead sealer again?

I would go to a tire shop, and get some of that black liquid rubber bead sealer that they use on truck tires.
    I would lean away from tubes, they will not last long if the tires are turning on the rims.

RD

I would break the one with sidewall leak down and patch it. ive had nothing but trouble with any tubes in tires on drive wheels, ok for trailers. the ones that are spinners can be broken down and cleaned,then remount just to the bead locks. Ive been experimenting with weldwood contact cement insted of HI tack gasket adhesive to hold tires to rims. It can be found at Lowes and a quart is about the same price as 4oz. of hi tack. Use a paint brush on tire and rim, let cure a few minutes and air up to seat beads. Add your favorite tire sealer. Ive found Sure Seal available here in gallons that are about the same price as 2 Quarts of Slime. The local mines buy it in 55 gal drums for the big tires. this stuff really works. good luck flat tires suck.

If you go with a bead sealer I recommend Tech brand bead sealer, it is what most tire shops use. It goes on more like a tar than the paint like Camel brand.

A buddy of mine told me he puts about a cup of antifreeze the pure stuff not mixed with water it gums up the inside of is tires and as not added air to is tires in over a year

If we get a bad bead we use an adhesive acrylic body sealer. It comes in a tube like silicon. It's what car body repairers use for sealing panels etc.
    make sure you use the adhesive one, break the tyre down and clean the rim. Mount the tyre and squirt this stuff around both sides of the rim before you seat the tyre, put plenty on. Stand clear when you blow the tyres onto the seats or cover with a rag. Sealer will splat everywhere when the tyre pops on.

+ Reply to Thread