Rev Kit for 23hp Vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rev Kit for 23hp Vanguard

Rev Kit for 23hp Vanguard

How much estimated horse power/torque could I expect to get out of my 23 hp Vanguard if I were to install the "rev kit?" Looking for the best performance mod for my buck.

Thanks in advance!

What the heck is the "rev kit?" I have never heard of it. I bet you could adjust your governor to get whatever extra power the kit claims to add. Is this a factory 23 in a machine or one purchased of off eBay or something? If its not from the factory, I would just the the correct governor spring from RI for use in an aatv.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

The rev kits come with a key that advances the timing and stiffer springs for the valves. They also come with heavier push-rods.

I think my kit brought the 16hp Briggs up to almost 20hp.
    Banned

hi
    Rev kit
    pushrods , valve spring pressure increase using shims under springs ,timing key
    adjust governor to 4000rpm using proper tools and manual .
    the major gain will be in throttle response mainly mid and high range .
    the main thing in this case is the camshaft being the biggest influence on the torque power curve
    After 4000 rpm the engine may rev more but little is achieved with out changing cam
    Try also improved cold air induction
    Try 2 into one exhaust

Remove cylinder heads
    cc head chamber
    measure piston depth
    calculate gasket volume
    predict cc of heads
    machine as calculated typically .030 to .040
    off heads

the vanguard I have done have always been down on compression measured 8.4 to 1--- spec 8.8 to 1 machine to achieve 9.2 to 1 CR
    tomo

Until you introduce more air and fuel thru different carburator and intake manifold,not much will happen just by a rev kit.The rev kit will help support more rpm's and will change the timing,but you must get more fuel and air also.You wont gain much overall power ,but will gain some speed.Then again how much do you want to cut into the reliability of turning more rpm's without beefing up the bottom end.

+ Reply to Thread