Busco Beach in NC October 11-13 2013

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC October 11-13 2013

1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

MAX II 30HP Bandolero

liked all the videos ,they were awesome wish I could have ridden more with your group too, busco is a good place to ride

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Thanks for sharing the videos Shawn!
    As I was watching I saw my Max go swimming by, and I realized how much those side and rear flaps increased my speed on the water.
    Amazing.... just keeping the water around the tires helped big time.
    And it sure helped in reducing the clean-up time also.
    later...ed
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Whew. Just got home a couple hours ago. Stayed in NC for the week for more fun, NY is so boring.
    I have a crap-load to do to the Wolf.
    I am glad I chose to use (Roll over ) Jim's Max instead of taking the Wolf out for the night-ride. And also that I kept it parked for Sunday's ride. When I unloaded it Sunday evening at Jim's, it made it about 50 feet around the garage and SNAP. Another busted chain. I found what's pictured below. I guess a non-existent idler bearing can cause an issue. And I also found part of a spherical bearing race. Yea, I disintegrated the inside left rear bearing also. Not sure which was first, but I already got the splined axles so it was all getting changed anyways.

CountryCummins, keep the videos coming!
    Attached Images
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Whew. Just got home a couple hours ago. Stayed in NC for the week for more fun, NY is so boring.
    I have a crap-load to do to the Wolf.
    I am glad I chose to use (Roll over ) Jim's Max instead of taking the Wolf out for the night-ride. And also that I kept it parked for Sunday's ride. When I unloaded it Sunday evening at Jim's, it made it about 50 feet around the garage and SNAP. Another busted chain. I found what's pictured below. I guess a non-existent idler bearing can cause an issue. And I also found part of a spherical bearing race. Yea, I disintegrated the inside left rear bearing also. Not sure which was first, but I already got the splined axles so it was all getting changed anyways.

CountryCummins, keep the videos coming!
    Did you order the splined axles or the keyed axles from SC?
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post
    He got a set of splined max Iv axles. I accidentally brought my axles down there so I sold him them and will just grab 6 more from the shop. One of my friends purchased a bunch of extra's in a big axle but I set up.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by PlumCrazy View Post
    What Drew said. And thank you again for helping me with the broken axle bolt situation. Was glad to be up and running again quickly.

Unfortunately, Jim's lathe can't handle the axle with the hub attached from the hub end, and the pass-through isn't quite large enough for the axle, so I wasn't able to turn down the ends to 1".
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

you dont want to turn them down to 1 inck you want 1 1/8 that way you can use the recreatives shims and spacer to position axle correctly but i guess with splined it doesent really matter you can just move the sprockets where you need them
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

On the Wild Wolf/ Chief (or Superchief for that matter) machines, I found that it's a lot easier to turn the axles down to 1" and utilize the stock 52mm OD spherical race bearings than it is to pull the frame and drill for larger bearings. I pulled/drilled the frames on GeoJem's racer and the 503 before I had my lathe. I'm lucky that I can chuck-up the axle with the wheel flange and spin them down now. I did a set for JP a year or so back I think If you weren't on the other side of the state John, I'd turn them down for you....

Of course, if you *want* the larger bearings, that's a different story. Racerone3 put some splined Argo axles in his Wild Wolf, but I'm not sure how he handled the inner bearings. Another thing to note, is that both inner "C-shaped" frame rails on the Wolf are facing the same direction. On the left side rail, you have a flat surface to mount a larger bearing. On the right side rail, you have to fit the bearing flange *inside* the C, or fill that channel with a spacer to get to a flat surface. The larger diameter RI cast iron bearing flanges won't fit inside the channel, and I'm pretty sure the two piece stamped steel ones won't, either.
    Last edited by hydromike; 10-21-2013 at 09:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread