Mudd-OX Beast

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mudd-OX Beast

Quote Originally Posted by kghills
    Matt is not stopping with this release however. He had the tire mold designed with a center section that can be replaced with wider inserts so if all goes well look for possibly 24" wide tires next..

Keith.

This is a great idea!

Looks as if someone will have to make some tracks that'll fit these wide tires.

What is the weight of these tires compared to other common 26" tires? I'd love to see some of the SUPER wide tires, but unfortunately I think the weight of large 12" rim that is super wide (I'm guessing it'll most likely be at least 20" wide) will be very heavy and be too much stress on a stock AATV axle and bearing assembly. Some industrial applications might benefit from a super wide tire like that though. It actually reminds me of a Rolligon tire. Hats off to Matt for being innovative and making this happen. I wish all AATV manufacturers would do things like this.

National Oilwell Varco
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Lighter than a set of rubber tracks.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

So how much does each tire weigh, the standard and the very wide ones?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Looks as if someone will have to make some tracks that'll fit these wide tires.

If there's a market for tracks to fit wider tires, you can bet that Adair Argo sales will build them to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    If there's a market for tracks to fit wider tires, you can bet that Adair Argo sales will build them to fit.
    Tim at adair already makes a track that goes over dual tire setups so a single wide tire would not ba a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    So how much does each tire weigh, the standard and the very wide ones?
    The 26x14x12 weighs around the same as a 25x12x9 Rawhide III. Since the larger tires are not made yet it is hard to know what they will weigh. I am trying to get Matt to talk to the vendor that makes the aluminum rims for Tim at Adair. Then you would have a lightweight rim but I do not know if it would work for the more commercial Mudd-Ox.

So is this the new Mudd-Ox or just another version? Can you get the larger tires on the gas model or are they just available on the diesel? Is there anything else that changes with the new version, from the video it looked like the dash was different and I noticed some diamond plate on it too. I could wait for the website to be updated but if history is any indication that could take a while.

Wow thats quite a machine, does Matt have any other machine designs in the works? maybe a lightweight 6x6?
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread