Mudd-OX Beast

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mudd-OX Beast

The Xl is another version and it comes in two versions both diesels although I think Matt would build a gas one if you wanted. The standard XL is like the normal turbo diesel Ox. The GT version uses a larger hydraulic pump and larger hydraulic motors. The Gt version also has 1.5" axles standard. It is available with power steering or joy stick control. It also allows for auxiliary hydraulic circuits to be added easily. The Xl adds significantly to the water carrying capacity to the tune of about 600# additional I think. It also has more clearance for bigger tires and increased track clearance. A 14 gallon gas tank is standard and increased leg room. There are lots of little improvements and refinements also.

Thanks akexpress, you continue to be the best source of information on the Muddox on this forum, looking forward to seeing video of how well this new version swims with the new tires. What will the original version use for tires now that the Goodyears are no longer available? Smaller versions of the XL tires?

What are the tub dimensions of the XL Mudd-Ox when compared to the standard Mudd-Ox?

Anyone got video of the MuddOx XL in the water? Just wondering how well it will do with the extra weight of the larger tub and diesel engine. Also, anyone know what the regular Ox is going to use for tires to improve it's water performance? Smaller sized Vendettas?

My guess would be that with a larger tubbed machine, the water performance has to increase. I would think a 26" tire would also fit the regular Ox, although I'm not sure of the rim offset or if a small wheel-spacer would be needed.

I am pretty sure that they did not get video of the new XL in the water this weekend at Ashtabula. I do know that Matt took the XL in the water a couple of times with me and my hustler 980. We did do a side by side run in pine lake and both machines were dead even for water speed. I do not mean to hijack the thread but for those Mudd-Ox people interested in water speed here is a video of my Hustler with the new Mudd-Ox tires. The water speed of the XL is the same.

I do not know if the new tires will fit non XL machines but maybe Matt can chime in here and let Mudd-Ox owners know if they will fit and if any spacers are needed.

Keith.

If the new Mudd-Ox XL has a water speed about the same as your Hustler 980 with the Vendetta tires, that's really impressive because the new Mudd-Ox XL weighs even more than the standard Mudd-Ox. I had read on the forum that the new Mudd-Ox XL has another 600 lbs of water displacement, so maybe with the wider Vendetta tires the water displacement now has increased to 800?

Dave, I am not sure of any of the specifics for the new or old Mudd-Ox models as I am kind of not a Mudd-Ox guy. Don't get me wrong, I think they are really cool but just a bit big for a recreational rider like myself in my opinion. Having said that and being able to say I just spent the entire weekend riding with and in and watching the new Mudd-Ox XL being put through its testing in the same terrain as in the video it is a very capable machine. It was the get me out quick I'm stuck machine. It would just spin around and grab other machines in the mud and yank them out. You would never guess its size or weight by how it acted and fit itself on the trail. You could put it anywhere and it just was a nimble workhorse. It was about the only other AATV at Ashtabula that went in the lake and the only one besides me that spent any real time in the water. Matt and I actually tied up in the middle and hung out on the lake enjoying the breeze on the water. I made the joke that I was pretty sure the first A in AATV stood for amphibious. We both got a good laugh out of that but I am not sure any one else at the event did. In any case to me as an observer the XL swims, goes in the mud like crazy, spins on less than a dime and rides great. I am not exactly sure what people in the field are using the Mudd-Ox for but I do know every one that is made for almost the rest of the year is already sold. The new tires are also just the first of some new things coming from Mudd-Ox and with the new building addition and assembly line that I saw going in there will soon be lots of Mudd-Ox everywhere I should think.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 06-26-2013 at 03:51 PM.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

I watched the MuddOx in the water beside me also, As Kieth said the new tires swim well. The XL swam fine floated nicely and ,when Mike got in the rear, evenly.Water speed was pretty good, and very stable with the raised hull and wider tires.

Keith, thanks for all the info and videos of the new Ox, anyone that is an Ox fan has been waiting anxiously for this news and unfortunately I guess Matt is too busy building them to keep the website up to date, perhaps he needs an assistant to help in that regard. Anyway, we appreciate all the data you provided, happy trails.

+ Reply to Thread