Plastic Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plastic Tracks

Plastic Tracks

Heard from a friend that he had plastic tracks and he constantly had problems when he turned sharp. The tracks would come off. Is this something that happens alot with plastic tracks? The one thing I like about them is they are more affordable compared to rubber tracks or adair tracks.

You are always at risk of untracking your machine no matter what tracks they are. Tracks need adjustment and so do the tires if you want them to stay on. If he had constant problems, I would venture to guess he may not have known how to properly adjust and tune them.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I never had the plastic tracks come off my Attex 'Lil Truck. I can't see how the plastic tracks could walk off since the guides on the side are so large. Your friend must have been running very, very low tire pressure that wasn't correct for the tracks or he had the wrong tires for the tracks all together.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I took him with a grain of salt. He's not real mechanical. I am looking for a set that I can afford for my Max IV and if anybody knows of any for sale let me know. Thanks

I have run many miles on both plastic standard and super tracks in very very ugly terrain and never thrown a track im sure he does not have the tension set right you shoud have 1 or 2 inchs sag when the machine is jacked up off the ground. Hope this helps keep his tracks on.

+ Reply to Thread