amphicat wheels

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: amphicat wheels

amphicat wheels

From what I have read tires for the original amphicat rims are no longer available. Is this correct or does some one have a source. I have an amphicat that I was planning on just jumping into the restoration and updating to new rims. However I have it running and everything seems to be working. So I thought about throwing some wheels on it and driving it before I tear it down. Thanks.

If you mean the balloon tires that are vulcanized onto the 3" rim, then what you've read is correct. They haven't been made for decades. Your best bet is to either find used ones or get some 3 to 5 adapter plates and get some modern rims and tires.

adairargosales - 3 To 5 Adapters
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

There is a set of 6 fat cat tires up here in Alaska for sale with a 1970's Max II listed for parts on craigslist if one was so inclined to get them cheap and ship them? Here is the link
    max 2 PARTS rig

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    There is a set of 6 fat cat tires up here in Alaska for sale with a 1970's Max II listed for parts on craigslist if one was so inclined to get them cheap and ship them? Here is the link
    max 2 PARTS rig
    That's a great deal! No motor, but TONS of good parts on this machine. I see the plow brackets on the front two axles as well. And if there's a transmission in this machine, someone needs to jump on this ASAP.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Yes it has the T-20 also. He is also selling his 69 Amphicat. I was going to get this Max II and another Max II located down there in the same vicinity but after talking with msafi65 I decided to back out mainly because both have the older T-20's along with hollow axles.

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    Yes it has the T-20 also. He is also selling his 69 Amphicat. I was going to get this Max II and another Max II located down there in the same vicinity but after talking with msafi65 I decided to back out mainly because both have the older T-20's along with hollow axles.
    The older t-20's are better and have supported shafts. As for hollow axles, if you break one, just fab a new solid axle. It's not hard or expensive at all.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

My next question is who has the best deal on wheels and tires. These would be a tires to use until something really breaks and I start the rebuild. Non amphibious tires since this thing is not sea worth.

Quote Originally Posted by typ914 View Post
    My next question is who has the best deal on wheels and tires. These would be a tires to use until something really breaks and I start the rebuild. Non amphibious tires since this thing is not sea worth.
    Where are you located. I may have 6 mis matched balloon tires that would work, but shipping tires is not an option.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I am in Atlanta, Ga so shipping maybe to much.

+ Reply to Thread