removing axles from an attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: removing axles from an attex

removing axles from an attex

I am trying to remove the chassis out of my attex so I can presure wash the inside and repair the holes from the outside and inside. Is there an easy way to remove the axles without removing all the chains? Also where can i get new bearings , i have one that was leaking and has play in it

Your chains are on the sprockets which are pinned to the axles. You can loosed the chains to slide them off the sprockets, but pulling axles with the chain on is a pain. Bearings can be purchased at buffalo bearing.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Do you happen to know the part number? I am in Chicago we don't have. Buffalo bearing but have a bearing headquarters that might have them

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerman883 View Post
    Do you happen to know the part number? I am in Chicago we don't have. Buffalo bearing but have a bearing headquarters that might have them
    Get the bearings out and get the numbers off the old ones.
    Be sure to get triple seal outer bearings.
    Order them from Buffalo Bearing, they will be a cheaper price and a good bearing.
    Lots of cheap bearings out there.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Before you get to far make sure all your hubs and sprocket tubes are not seized on the axle shafts. If they are the best way to loosen them up is to pull the pin and drive it around until it frees up.

It looked like the axles went into the tubes for he sprockets. That's why I was wondering if I could just pull then out to get the chassis out and leave the chains and sprockets

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerman883 View Post
    It looked like the axles went into the tubes for he sprockets. That's why I was wondering if I could just pull then out to get the chassis out and leave the chains and sprockets
    Yes the axles go through the outer bearing&flange, then into the tube which has 1 or 2 sprockets on it.
    The tube is secured to the axle with a through bolt (usually 7/16") on our Attex's.
    There as also usually locking collars on both bearings, these need to be loosed by 1st removing the set screw, then tapping the collar CCW or CW to loosen the collar. I have had to cut some collars off.
    The axles may pull out of the tubes easily, OR they may not.
    I made a PULLER out of an old axle that fits over the installed axles flange lugs, and use a 10# barbell weight as a slider.
    I've also had to cut axles out.
    If NOT, do like Larry said below, remove the bolt and drive the Attex around until the axle brakes lose inside the sprocket tube.
    Sometimes the axle has to be cut out and you should be able to find a few threads on what to try next.
    If you are pulling the frame, the axles, tubes, sprockets and chains all need to come off before pulling it.
    Good luck
    Last edited by PlumCrazy; 10-05-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

+ Reply to Thread