Argo Avenger shutting off at 195 deg

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Avenger shutting off at 195 deg

Argo Avenger shutting off at 195 deg

I've been running my avenger through cattail marshes, and since last season it has been reaching 195 degrees and shutting off. I have to wait until it cools down to 170 degrees before it will even act like it wants to run again. I have done numerous things in hope to improve this condition including; regularly (every 30min at least) cleaning off the exterior guard near the radiator, removing plant debris from the interior radiator screen, and vacuuming out the radiator where fine particles hinder the radiator's effectiveness.

I don't believe it has a thermostat (judging from the manual), so I keep scratching my head with this.
    If anyone has experience in dealing with this issue, and can offer a remedy, I would be forever grateful!

Stay safe, my friends.

Ill start with a couple obvious ones. Rad fan and water pump are working? Proper antifreeze mixture?

Thanks dromas! I have checked those, and they are all in working order. Although I'm about due for a coolant flush I'm wondering if its vapor lock. I run regular unleaded and I've heard that using Rec90 will help to eliminate vapor-lock.

Back to the drawing board...

avenger

i hope some other avenger guys chime in here but my efi (not HDI) never heats up to 195. usually runs about 175, i think something is not normal,fan belt or whatever. even then I wonder what makes it quit? vapour lock was a good guess, it cost a lot but I had to replace the steel fuel filter from using dirty gas. good luck

What engine do you have Lh630-775 thermostat closes at 175 and opens at 195 the over temp safety kill switch is at 255*F

+ Reply to Thread