These things are addictive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: These things are addictive

These things are addictive

Picked up another Hustler the other day. This is my 2nd one, and I rationolized buying it by telling myself "It has some parts that come with it that I'd like to keep for my other Hustler, then I'll sell it and make a little on it".

Upper and lower tubs are good, just a little fading on the upper. It does need a gasket between the two. It has a single cyl Kohler that runs good. Not sure on H.P. it's red. The Kohler does vibrate a lot more than my twin cyl Briggs. It needs some linkage work at the shifter, its been "modified" and its not right. But the T20 works as it should, and it can be shifted the way it is, just kinda stiff and sloppy. The rear seat cushion is gone, and the front is missing also, but I did get the foam for the front seat and its in good shape. It has a brand new battery, and 2 upgraded chain tensioners. The other tensioners are the old style and they are shot. It has Goodyear Rawhide Terra tires all around but only 2 hold air. Tread looks good though and see no plugs.
    It also came with with another complete set of wheels and tires, all of which don't hold air.
    Got a basket case T20 with it (only 1 side of the T20 is apart), and several extra sprockets/sleeves. Bucket of extra cables, linkages, fasteners, chains, etc...

After getting it home and looking it over--*sigh--I don't wanna sell it now. Everybody should have a spare machine, right?

Pics in Gallery...

Good story! If the machine can easily be put together with little time and money involved, put it together! If not, then spare parts it is. It really should not be a difficult decision. If it is, then it's a parts machine unless it is a special make/model or has sentimental value. I have built a machine from trash for cheap. It felt good and I enjoyed every second, but there was a lot of blood and sweat being poored into that project.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I can't really part it out. It runs and drives good. just needs minor cosmetic issues fixed. I haven't had it up in the air to check axles and bearings yet, but no obvious problems. I think I kinda knew in the back of my mind when I bought it that it would be my 2nd machine.
    Bought the whole package for less than half what I paid for my other Hustler but it does need a little more work on it.
    Guess the next step is talk the wife into a new building so I have enough room to work on 'em. The garage is getting kinda cramped.

Nice find. Keep it and build it up. "One is none, and two is one"

Can anyone tell me where to buy replacement chain tensioners for the Hustler 950? I haven't called Rte6x6 yet, just wondering if there is anyplace else, and estimates on cost?

ez...after having just bought some from Richards Relics (yeah, I know, I know), make them yourself. Just get some nylon/uhmw/delrin rod, and gun drill a suitable hole through them, then cut to size. The ones I got from RR were a tad not long enough for my hustler, but then again I'm dealing with PO mods too. Well, more than a tad...I need to add additional shims. Cost was $47 shipped out to me in CA. Cost wasn't too bad, but it's about fifteen bucks in materials, no center support...they're just a piece of plastic.

Just like Czechsix said, don't go through Richards Relics, just make them yourself and save the money.

Your Kohler in the Hustler is a K341 16HP. This was the factory Hustler 950 engine. It's a very, heavy and durable engine. To remove the oxidation on the upper body, read these articles. I did the same thing on my Hustler and it worked great.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...hdpe-body.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thank you to everyone for all the great onto

Hey, what kind of upgraded tensioners does it have?

I dont know where they came from, but they are regular sprockets on shafts that slide in channels to tighten. I'll post pics later. Having an issue with one side of the T20 stuck in forward now. Started a new thread in the transmission section.

+ Reply to Thread