chain adjuster

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: chain adjuster

I have been testing a self lubricating plastic roller instead of the sprocket tensioners. so far so good.

Last edited by jerseybigfoot; 07-21-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You can post the photos here.
    I will post some photos latter today or tomorrow.

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

I have had some trouble uploading the photos but I think I have it this time!!!

Matt
    Attached Images
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Wow, cool design Matt.

hi MattO
    Thanks 4 the photos .
    As I interperet the pics .
    The adjuster bolt goes up and down.
    The top of the housing is threaded and the lock nut tightens against the housing preventing the rotation of the adjuster bolt.
    The lower connection to the threaded block.
    eg threaded rod goes thru block via drilled hole with a welded nut on the lift side [allows spinning of the threaded rod when adjusting ]
    To understand scale of size and get a better impression are the 1x bolt adjuster 3/8 unc
    and the 2x pad tensioner lock bolts 3/8 unc
    hope u understand my description of operation.
    Positively the best tensioner I have seen thus far.
    If I had only designed chassis to take these tensioners agh agh

On a side note the tensioner looks to be easy to remove and replace/service etc [those thru and thru bolts are a good idea ]

cheers tomo
    Last edited by Tomo; 08-04-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Matt O

Hi ,
    If u remember I was talking to u about rear chain tensioner for the diesel muddox . I am finally sick of repairing the ratchet tensioners [Max ] and trying to get them to hold . agh
    The only piece of info I require is to no if the main body is greater than 5 inches high and the depth also . {My frame rails r 5 inches high} The diesel muddox tensioners are a great idea and on the first impression seem easy to modify to single chain and either push or pull operation .

tomo
    Last edited by Tomo; 10-11-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Looks like it could be adapted to any number of machines. The old ratcheting adjusters were a poor design. This one has promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
    Hi ,
    If u remember I was talking to u about rear chain tensioner for the diesel muddox . I am finally sick of repairing the ratchet tensioners [Max ] and trying to get them to hold . agh
    The only piece of info I require is to no if the main body is greater than 5 inches high and the depth also . {My frame rails r 5 inches high} The diesel muddox tensioners are a great idea and on the first impression seem easy to modify to single chain and either push or pull operation .

tomo
    Matt O ..........

Hi ,

tomo
    Matt O I will purchase these tensioners but I need these dimensions first .

hi Mat O

Hi ,

tomo

+ Reply to Thread