How do I adjust my valves

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I adjust my valves

How do I adjust my valves

I want to check my valve clearance. Please let me know if I understand how to do it correctly.

1) remove both valve covers and spark plugs
    2) Rotate engine to TDC and I can tell this by inserting a straw into the spark plug hole and feeling for when it's at TDC
    3)THIS PART I'M CONFUSED ON. DO I CHECK AND ADJUST THE VALVES WHILE THE PISTON IS AT TDC?
    4)Adjust intake and exhaust while the piston is at TDC to .005"
    5)Reassemble

Please let me know if I've got this right.

Edited: Looks like a was confused on step number 3. I went to the Briggs site and found detailed info. Maybe someone else might find it helpful. The link is:

How are the valves properly serviced?
    Last edited by quiethorse; 03-28-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Finding out that these machines are never actually "finished"
    1970 Argo
    1985 Coot

+ Reply to Thread