Mgxpert Consignors - Fraud Scam Scammers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mgxpert Consignors - Fraud Scam Scammers

Mgxpert Consignors - Fraud Scam Scammers

Note from Admin: This thread was made a sticky because mgxpert consignors are some of the shadiest scammers out there. Read this thread that you are in and then jump to this post (http://www.6x6world.com/forums/ebay-...tml#post152434) for more information on why you shouldn't do business with them.

I apologize to Mike if I've posted in the wrong place here. I've been looking for an AATV close to my house for sale. Ran up on a couple close by on a Google search. They were both priced too cheap I thought, but what the heck, it's only an e-mail. Anyway on one of them I get an e-mail back from this outfit...............http://www.eautomotors-traders.com/.........Just doesn't seem right to me. I was wondering if anybody else had heard of them or done any business with them. The 2nd machine I inquired about was answered by a Air Force Master Sgt in New Jersey. Would ship it free, 5 day inspection, promised all kinds of wonderful stuff. I checked the IP addresses of both mails and they both originated in Mountain View CA. Seems like a large coincidence to me. The automotors bunch has a nice website but apparently can't afford phones. I couldn't find any listed to them. I also did a Google search, no dice, and a Better Business Bureau search, again no luck. Anyway, If anybody thinks this bunch is legit, let me know, if they aren't I wanted to get the word out so nobody here got stuck.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-27-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: edited thread title and made a sticky for others to see

Any deal that cannot be done with cash in person is a scam. Never wire money. Never allow them your bank account #s. You will be robbed and may never be able to recoup the money. Banking laws are outdated....and the banks don't care about you!

Run the other way. Try craigslist...or the classifieds on here...whats your location?
    "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything"

"Theres the right way to do things, the wrong way to things, and the way everyone else does it"

Max II, 22 Inch Rawhides, Winch, 16hp Briggs Vanguard...My First AATV...

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Any deal that cannot be done with cash in person is a scam. Never wire money. Never allow them your bank account #s. You will be robbed and may never be able to recoup the money. Banking laws are outdated....and the banks don't care about you!
    You're sure right about that Jim. That's one reason I posted this. These guys are so slick that an unwary person could be sucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by dzg View Post
    Run the other way. Try craigslist...or the classifieds on here...whats your location?
    I found these adds on a Google search. They looked like private owners trying to sell their own machines. When I inquired I got a reply back from this bunch. They also have adds on Craigslist. I have found several scams on Argos on Craigslist. If they post a phone number they're usually legit. I'm in Florida and I'm trying to find one as close as possible to me. Seems like most Southern folks prefer 4 wheelers. I like to carry cash and if I like something, load it up then and there. I'll try and post the adds if I can.

2004 Argo Avenger 8X8 2004 Argo Avenger 8X8 Avenger 8X8 25Hp with trailer Runs Perfect atv

Here's one of the adds. I couldn't get the other one up. I'll try again tomorrow. As you can see it is really cheap for all you're supposedly getting.
    Last edited by Mike; 07-15-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: merged four consecutive posts. You can reply to multiple people at the same time by using the multi-quote button

If it looks to good to be true then it probally is a scam.....and that looks to good to be true to me.....
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Either the guy has no clue what that argo is worth...or hes a con man....if its legit then thats a hellacious deal. I would make initial contact through email and then see if you can get a phone number and make a cash transaction.

Even though it looks kinda fishy...i find it odd someone would use something as "obscure" as a 6x6 as bait.

EDIT.

I sent him an email about it...we'll see what he says...

I tried to copy and paste it but must not have took. I asked him some sjmple questions and if he had more pics and maybe a phone number
    Last edited by dzg; 07-15-2013 at 09:27 AM.

"Theres the right way to do things, the wrong way to things, and the way everyone else does it"

Quote Originally Posted by dzg View Post
    Either the guy has no clue what that argo is worth...or hes a con man....if its legit then thats a hellacious deal. I would make initial contact through email and then see if you can get a phone number and make a cash transaction.

Even though it looks kinda fishy...i find it odd someone would use something as "obscure" as a 6x6 as bait
    He would know what the Argo is worth.....he bought it at one time. He either paid $20k+ new, or bought it used at the $12k+ it is worth now. Remember that those factory rubber tracks cost $4k? new, windshield about $700?, wiper another $250?, top $800?, brush guard and winch bracket several hundred more.....then the amphibious trailer is another $1000.
    Those prices are going by memory from what I've seen before, so they wont be exact, but are close.....feel free to correct them and add the accessories I missed.

We have seen numerous avenger and bigfoot scams on craigslist before. Usually easy to identify by the multiple city listings all over the country, and usually a stolen picture from Ebay or some other ad. This ad at least was written as though they knew something about the machine....just means they are getting more sophisticated.

Well **** i was completly unaware of those scams jim. If thats the case just buy a max

It's a scam, avoid it for sure.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Argo 8x8 for sale - Yakaz For sale

Here is the add for the other machine I inquired about. It has now changed location from Flora MS to Wyoming. The e-mail I got back on this one was from a private owner. But the IP address was the same location as the mail I got back from the etraders bunch. These folks are slick as a peach.

+ Reply to Thread