Hustler 954 help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hustler 954 help

Hustler 954 help

Hello working on the hustler I just got and wondered why it was binding when turning , found the middle wheel on one Side , I can move the wheel like its pulled out where it goes into the body , so I have to buy a whole new axle for $115 ?

Sounds like the axle isn't locked into place by the locking collars?

Ok , I'm learning ,,,lol ,, man I thought I snapped the axle ,lol , looks like I need to replace all the stuff around the axles , bearings flanges, the others look all crappy , this thing has been sitting in a barn since 1980 , or wait till they break ?? The chains look sort of pitted also , I'm going to have to go buy another 6x6 so I have something to ride , why I tear this thing down ,, lol ,, you guys got me really thinking about the bad lands !!

Hustler

Also is the route 6x6 place the only place to get parts ? For my hustler .

Quote Originally Posted by Gratt View Post
    Also is the route 6x6 place the only place to get parts ? For my hustler .
    Avoid Route 6x6. You're going to end up paying way, way too much for parts there. Many of those parts are of inferior quality too. There are PLENTY of other places to get parts. You can have a machine shop make you up axels, transmission and other parts such as throttle cables, choke cables, etc are available from Recreatives Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 and bearings can be purchased through Buffalo Bearing. (716) 874-1720. Spend a little time shopping and reading here on the site and you'll be able to do a high quality rebuild on a budget.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ok thks a lot , ya kinda weird I wrote them and said the tire I could take my hand and move it up an down about 3 inches and they wrote me back and said axle $115 , thks a lot

Hustler help

Me again , ok I got the axle that was flopping around all loose ,outer bearing is gone , but I am stuck on the very last flang on the axle , has a set screw in it , I got the set screw loose and out but the axle still won't pull out , do they rust on ? Man I restore garden tractors but that is a job , what you guys think should I just replace them all ?

They sure do rust on. Soak it daily with penetrating oil and when you reassemble it use lots of the silver anti seize stuff. If it won't come off, cut it with a die grinder and just order a new one. It's the 3 bolt flange that mounts to the upper body that you're referring to, right?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

No them came off but this is a ring about 1/8 big in dia. Then the axle , has a alen screw , I though you loosen the screw and the axle would slide right off , it maybe part of the bushing , it's like a locking coller for very end of the axle,

if your talking about the outer bearing I had to cut the bearing and the collar off, I got new ones with the new bearings I received, mine were stuck from the rust between it and the axle

+ Reply to Thread