Polaris unveils new RZR 1000

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris unveils new RZR 1000

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Depending on the size of the lake...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEx9NFkWV9I

Hopefully they have that slight vibration worked out on the Razor.

Crazy stuff, Keith.
    And I'm sure it always works just like that every time someone attempts to do this. And by the way, that thing in the video was a quad, I doubt a big heavy side by side would be able to pull that off (what Drew was actually referring to). Oh well, it just means there'll be more expensive sunk machines for our rigs to pull out of the drink.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

At the High lifter Mud National's they have side by sides that can float and swim too. Not as fast as our machines though, but they are'nt made to float in the first place , but when they have huge mud tires on them, they will. This video below shows a side by side that could go through the really bad holes and float and swim too. I found a video of this side by side swimming slowing in a creek while the other side by sides and 4 wheelers watched. I couldn't find this video again though on Youtube though.

If this side by side had the tires all reversed it would swim. watch how much better is moves in the water backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    At the High lifter Mud National's they have side by sides that can float and swim too. Not as fast as our machines though, but they are'nt made to float in the first place , but when they have huge mud tires on them, they will. This video below shows a side by side that could go through the really bad holes and float and swim too. I found a video of this side by side swimming slowing in a creek while the other side by sides and 4 wheelers watched. I couldn't find this video again though on Youtube though.

That's some great info for side-by-sideworld.com. How to make your expensive razor perform a little worse than a vintage 6x6.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    That's some great info for side-by-sideworld.com. How to make your expensive razor perform a little worse than a vintage 6x6.

And spend a lot more money doing it as well. Or just do what these townies did and get an old garden tractor and lift it up and put mud tires on it. They float too. You'd save a lot more money by doing it this way......

Last edited by jpswift1; 07-29-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Had to add more great pics.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

This big tire ,side by side was able to drive through any bad mud hole that our tracked machines drove through at the Mud Nationals. To me , that's impressive. River Run atv park has over 100 miles of really good trails that are great for side by sides. I'd like to have a RZR like Brandon posted for times when the mud is not challenging enough for my amphib. I know this is a pro amphib forum, but what's wrong posting another fun alternative?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-29-2013 at 06:18 PM.

The thing I like about an AATV and especially when I am tracked and it is suuuper muddy is I stay clean. Effortless driving, and that makes it fun for me. A little bumpy maybe but I will take that over the head to toe mud. I do find the other stuff interesting though. Just not for me to own, but fun to watch.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post

And spend a lot more money doing it as well. Or just do what these townies did and get an old garden tractor and lift it up and put mud tires on it. They float too. You'd save a lot more money by doing it this way......

Very good point you brought up JP. In the same context, how functional is an amphib with a springer kit installed on it for really serious mud and water travel ,plus the width of the trails at most atv parks? I.ve also heard that Matt Oxender owns a RZR Razor too?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-29-2013 at 07:35 PM.

I don't know because I don't own a 6 wheeler with a springer kit on it so I'm the wrong person to ask. Nor do I know what Matt Oxender's fleet consists of.

The first video shows springers mudding and swimming...the 2nd shows a springer on some tight trails in the woods.
    Last edited by George; 07-29-2013 at 08:03 PM.
    Banned

George

I understand that you can drive through the mud with a springer kit installed on an amphib, but this quote is what I'm referring to .

( Quote ) That's some great info for side-by-sideworld.com. How to make your expensive razor perform a little worse than a vintage 6x6.

In my opinion, you spend a whole lot of money to buy a springer kit for an amphib that was never designed for one, and for serious mud riding ( knee deep mud ) and water travel it performs less than a vintage 6x6. The vintage amphib's that comes to mind is jpswift1's Hustler 980 with the ASX tires on it and Keith's Hustler 980 with the Vendetta tires on it for swim speed.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread