Polaris unveils new RZR 1000

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris unveils new RZR 1000

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Looks like the 2014, 1000 RZR is going to be the answer that Polaris has for the Canam 1000. Brandon we both know which machine will win this shoot out don't we?
    this is the answer, i raced many rzr's in my REVOLT and wax them every time.
    Attached Images

George

In my opinion, you spend a whole lot of money to buy a springer kit for an amphib that was never designed for one, and for serious mud riding and water travel it performs less than a vintage 6x6.
    I've driven George's, and I say kudos to whipper for engineering a system to make an aatv do what it wasn't designed to do, have suspension. It seemed to do just fine to me, and it had a big smile factor to it. Hey and it is still amphibious and has 6 wheels. All very good things. Nice job Whipper and everyone that has bought the kit and ventured to put it on themselves. I welcome you to complain about any short comings you have found due to your modifications, although, I don't think we will hear any significant ones from someone that actually has done it. Well, at least we are talking about something relevant to the site now.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    this is the answer, i raced many rzr's in my REVOLT and wax them every time.

The Revolt is like a RZR on steroids! lol That's one amazing machine for what it's designed for.

George

I understand that you can drive through the mud with a springer kit installed on an amphib, but this quote is what I'm referring to .

( Quote ) That's some great info for side-by-sideworld.com. How to make your expensive razor perform a little worse than a vintage 6x6.

In my opinion, you spend a whole lot of money to buy a springer kit for an amphib that was never designed for one, and for serious mud riding and water travel it performs less than a vintage 6x6.
    I would not bet on that. The springer kit increases ground clearance and better traction,as it follows the terrain, so the mud issue it may be a plus , at worst a draw. I agree that swimming is slower but not impossible. If you want to spend your money on tracks to go well in the mud thats up to you but you gennerally loose swimming speed also. I spent money on my springer Kit to go faster more comfortably. My Bigfoot or Max 4 will be easier to clean though but nowhere as much fun.
    Acta non verba

My springer is not my only 6x6 (I have three others that are still "vintage") it's just my favorite. It does the same things as the others...only faster, more comfortably and reliably.
    Banned

jersybigfoot

This lifted , big mud tire, custom RZR would be right behind jpswift1's Hustler Bigfoot with ASX tires in the really challenging mud holes at the High lifter Mud Nationals. These large tall tires gave it really good floatation in the thick, deep mud holes. It had no trouble driving through the bad mud holes with it's great floatation and 18" inch of ground clearance. It could drive through the same mud holes that my Argo 6x6 with Adair tracks on it drove through. Through a swamp , it swam slower though, but still good for a tire machine. It's not a machine that I would choose for myself though. Just a fun and unique machine With the large amount of ground clearance ,smooth bottom, this machine had, it could follow my tracked Argo in thick mud, but I couldn't follow him in the really challenging atv ruts. With the addition of independent suspension too, it had a lot more comfortable ride than my tracked Argo or Max IV with tires on it, and it swam about a 1.2 mph in the water too.

Last edited by mudbug3; 07-30-2013 at 07:04 PM.

That looks like a beast. I'd love to make a rock bouncer out of it.

I.ve also heard that Matt Oxender owns a RZR Razor too?
    Not anymore, we didn't have a riding group, or time for that matter.

post deleted
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-30-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Here is a site with all the pictures and specs:
    2014 Polaris Model Year Release ยป UTVUNDERGROUND

No doubt this machine will dominate the market as the rest of the RZR family already has. I had a Rzr 800 last summer and Matt Oxender had his Rzr 800. They were an absolute blast at the Badlands off road park. Sure we had our amphibs there also but it's nice to switch rides from time to time. The Max was fun in the mud and bashing through trails but the Rzr brings a whole new dimension to off roading. I've been on quads and amphibs my whole life but I'm telling you guys the Rzr is like nothing else. The power, suspension, and handling is amazing. I found myself slowing down and watching out for ruts and bumps until I discovered these obsticles meant nothing to the Rzr even at high speed. I rode it 70 miles per day in the rocky mountains of Colorado without even a hint of a sore back!
    Keep riding and loving the amphibs but don't limit yourself to one vehicle, try a Rzr at your first opportunity.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread