Polaris unveils new RZR 1000

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Polaris unveils new RZR 1000

amphibious drew

I only posted about the unique Polaris, RZR because it would swim and was outstanding in the bad mud holes that were at the mud nationals. The Polaris RZR Razor that Brandon posted about is not amphibious, but the RZR that I posted about has been modified by the owner to be amphibious. The owner of this Big tire RZR told me that he liked amphibious machines like my Argo 6x6 ,but his wife would'nt agree to let him buy another machine, and that is why he modified his RZR like he did so it could float and swim.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 08-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    This topic is closed for me. We can all save Mike the server space and drop this topic.
    What was that?
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Well, look what i have missed!
    Just ran across this thread and have been reading with great zeal!
    (1) Why do we drive 6x6 machines? They are unique, different, not just what everyone does.

(2) Small community of like minded people. We always have a great time when we go riding with like machines and when we have a problem we all jump in and work to get it fixed and most of the time we do. Everyone rides,.. machine or not. Ask all who have attended Busco.

(3) We just recently got back from Arizona on a great ride with the Arizona gang. I know for a fact that Whip, Bridget and Joe can drive hell out those machine and abuse, you have got to be kidding me......Whipper and Joe well when they talk about fast both of their eyes light up like a kid at Christmas. We rode 66.? miles in one day, 14 hours from the time we left the garage to our return and not a springer broke down and we beat the hell out of rocks, hills,cliffs and other stuff. I was proud of the Crush and it's performance. The Arizona gang showed me that the machine was capable of a lot more than i had pushed it. Had a great time got a few dings and scratches but what the hey!

(4) I am pretty sure that it will go through the mud fine but i just don't do a lot of it. Where we ride there is a lot of High Center and all machines get stuck in those sooner of later. If it was just mud i am sure it would go pretty good. I have the AT 189 Argo tires 22 inch on the machine. Which is a pretty good mud tire and a climbing tire. Yes when you get to slinging mud it gets messy and i am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my AATV's and i spend a lot of time cleaning them after the ride but that is just me. The side by side don't fair any better as i have witnessed in the past with the Busco mud. Maybe at Busco this time i will try a mud hole or two but don't hold me to that.

(5) I have seen a bunch of side by sides stuck but we make no issue of it because everyone has their likes, but we will do a little snickering at camp.

(6) When in Glamis the machines performed as well as any, if fact we can turn on a dime and give you 7 cents change, a side by side can't do that and that is a plus when you run up on a Witcheye.

(7) I built the springer because i like the ride and it is still part of the group..a six wheeler. It goes fast when i want it to and it will go as slow as i want it to. Being 59 guys the ride is important and it allows me to stay in the sport longer with out driving my spine through the back of my head when going fast.

(9) When i drove George's machine i knew i had to built one, so i did. Never have regretted it, it was a blast to build and a blast to drive and Whipper's work was spot on! I am a little more conservative with my machine for the reason it is painted ABS and i have about, well a bunch of hours sanding and painting. If you want a Razor great get one but still come and ride with us, we don't care if you get stuck

Note: Bridet you are correct about the tracks in the water. Any thing over 1,200 RPM and the tracks will push back in the water or just sit still. I have ran them before and this is the results. Others may have a different opinion. They have their uses but they are not good swimmers.

It's all fun in the sand, snow, mud or hills
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Yes Drew I would have to agree, a springer is most likely not for me, just like a rzr. Either would most likely sit like my Pantera and AF/X Comet. I still think they are neat though. Were I like to ride breaking down would be a real problem. There is no walking back to camp and trying to fix it when stuck is a real pain. Not what I like to do. The one thing that drew me to tracks on a 6x6 was how far I could go and how effortlessly plus I stay clean. My Max IV does not suffer from the going backwards syndrom of which you speak but it does have a sweet spot for speed in the water which looks to be similar to a springers speed in the water if not faster from the videos I have seen. Going fast tomake an obstacle just is not for me but then as with my Hustler the old girl was not designed to go fast. In fact, I am not so sure any 6x6 without a suspention was actually designed to go fast. Oh and on abuse, we are in Oakland Mills PA at the moment racing and my son is watching Nitro Circus with Travis Pastrona. Now that's some serious abuse.

Keith

Jpswift1 and amphious drew

I agree that is a pro amphib forum, but this post that Brandon made about the new Polaris RZR 1000 is in the chit chat forum for machines that are'nt amphibious. Is it wrong to post about things in chit chat that have nothing to do with amphibs? I thought that was what Mike had the chit chat forum for? What about the Coot or the amphibious trackster like the forum member brushcutter owns , and the Terra Jet? Should they post on the Coot , Terra Jet ,or trackster forums about their machines and not on 6x6 world because these machines don't have 6 wheels? This unique 4 wheel machine doesn't have 6 wheels, but it is amphibious. Since it doesn't have 6 wheels, should this machine not be of interest to forum members?

http://www.unusuallocomotion.com/med...g?fx=r_250_250
    Last edited by mudbug3; 08-01-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    This topic is closed for me. We can all save Mike the server space and drop this topic.
    So I thought this topic was closed.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I posted this topic so those who don't watch the SxS forums could see what is going on in the ATV market. Also, riders, enthusiasts, amphib businesses, and amphib manufacturers can learn plenty from this new Rzr unveiling. I have watched the market carefully over the past 15 years and have seen many brands, models, and types of vehicles rise and fall. I'll tell you without exception I have never seen a vehicle dominate like Polaris has done with the RZR line of vehicles. Most ATV companies, even some big ones, are just trying to hang on to some sales on old, out dated vehicles and then complain that the bad economy is keeping them down. Meanwhile in the very same market, Polaris takes over 50% of utility vehicle sales nationwide and continues to expand. I very much enjoyed watching Polaris' marketing techniques up to and including the release day of the new Rzr 1000. I have never seen such a huge following and so much raving over a release of an ATV. Not only did they have the product that everyone wanted, they also used the internet to the fullest to push it ever farther. Keep in mind that this is one of the most expensive ATVs ever made and it's being sold in what every other company says is one of the worst markets they have ever seen. Winners make plans, losers make excuses!
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I'm not sure what the big fuss is. I found this thread interesting if not entertaining. I think there are allot of preconceived opinions on what a springer cannot do. Having my variation of springer for only a short time my testing is limited. Mudding will be explored an documented. What I do know is the suspension components are heavier duty than any sidexsides or quads made. With that in mind I think there is market potential for a springer AATV. Whippers next project is a Max2 with 25" tires and a AH bigblock. This machine will have major ground clearance. He will also entertain a springer kit for a Hustler. Lets just imagine JP's Hustler as a springer. With 12" rims with offsets it's possible reduce the width of the machine by 4" or more.
    So lets summarize the RZR and their success. They have a performance machine with great suspension and a big motor, and every new model has a bigger motor and better suspension.
    So what is the future of AATV's? Springer owners and builders may actually help promote the performance angle and influence buyers that were considering a Performance sidexside.
    I'm glad Brandon started the topic and shared his knowledge of the market.
    Acta non verba

I don't get the whole side by side thing but I do know they are popular. So popular in fact that the state actually wrote specific laws to allow them to use ATV trails and public lands. And at the same time worded the laws to exclude AATV, new and old. I figure the side by side industry must have some very good lobbyists.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 08-01-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot
    So what is the future of AATV's? Springer owners and builders may actually help promote the performance angle and influence buyers that were considering a Performance sidexside.
    I'm glad Brandon started the topic and shared his knowledge of the market.

This might be of interest to some side by side riders I think.

+ Reply to Thread