Snow pllowing?? Yes or No

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snow pllowing?? Yes or No

Snow pllowing?? Yes or No

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is the 1st thread i have put up, i picked up a nice bigfoot a couple of months ago and love it! I live in Wis. and we normally get a good amount of snow fall each year and i am just looking for thoughts on putting a plow on my argo. Is it something i should consider? Should i look to use something else? Tracks or tires? I am basically looking for any input on the topic to figure out if this is something i should consider or not. Thanks for the input anything is helpful!
    I can go where your atv can go, I can go where your jon boat can go, and I can go where neither one can go!

Snow plowing sounds like a fun excuse to drive your machine. I picked up a plow setup for my Max IV not too long ago and intend on plowing and just using tires. I am sure tracks add to its ability to do so, but I don't have them, and they are not really that important to me to get. I did get a yellow beacon and will be picking up a triangle. Can you say legal service vehicle for the streets in the winter. Free plows when the cops drive by. Lol
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Hi Walks,
    I use my MaxIV plowing snow and it is MUCH easier than a lawn tractor or quad. Last year I ran the factory tracks when plowing because my driveway is gravel and the tire lugs dig up the gravel pretty badly.
    If you have asphalt, tires should be no problem.

I have the standard tracks that came with the machine when i bought it, i also have a gravel drive way and it is pretty big. How do much snow are you able to push with it?? Last year we had some record snow falls around here and there were a few times i had drifts that were 3-4ft deep and 15-20ft long. (in my driveway) I understand i wouldnt be able to push the entire drift but i dont want to sit there and go back and forth a bunch times just catching a little bit of snow at a time. My other thought is to pick up a lawn tractor with a snow blower but in my mind im thinking i would be able to move more snow in less amount of time if it works well on the argo (along with saving some money just getting a plow compared to gettting a tractor with a blower).
    I can go where your atv can go, I can go where your jon boat can go, and I can go where neither one can go!

Here is a video of a Argo plow I converted to use on my Max IV. With the tracks I could actually drive up on top of a snow bank and keep on plowing

Nice! It looked like you were moving quite a bit of snow at a pretty good clip! Looked like the snow was heavy and not just the light fluffy stuff! How well does you machine hold up with the plowing?? have you had any problems with anything breaking?

THanks

I don't know how well it will hold up. I only plowed a couple of time with it and broke my machine for another reason. After this ride, the cheap factory chain on my machine stretched to the point of snapping teeth off the sprockets. so I was down the rest of the winter.

Marks driving style is um not easy on a machine. He has a high torque high horsepower engine with track, and will make the average persons butt pucker just watching him. If you ride with him, you may want to keep diaper wipes and spare underwear with you.

Ha ha nice lol i try to treat my machine the best i can... thats why i am looking for input from the "experts" on how well these machines do plowing snow. If plowing is rough on em its something ill stay away from as i not a big fan of busting stuff up when i can avoid it.

Plowing really has little effect on any part of the machine. Just use good judgement and you will be fine.

+ Reply to Thread