Track choices.....

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Track choices.....

Track choices.....

Evening,

Decided i need to buy some adair tracks for my machine. I currently run the genuine 18" rubber tracks on it with track turners and it works great but hard on the machine.

I am looking for an all season track, i like the added stability of running spacers and maintenance associated with running them is not an issue.

I have spoken to Mike @ Adair argo, my options are the 18" adair tracks, running turners/spacers although i do not strictly need turners, or the pro series 14.5" with the ice cleat extension kit taking it out to 18.5"

My conditions are soft, wet boggy muskeg, peat bogs and snow. I do like the look of a machine running spacers which is why i am leaning towards the 18". I want the best track for my conditions. However if these turn out to be as good as they look i will kit a few of my hire machines out with them and git rid of the 18" rubber ones for good.

If you had the choice what track would you run? The machine is an efi avenger with synthetic bearings on the centre 2 axles and the Hdi bearings on the front/rear.

I am looking to order within the next 24 hours.

Thanks

Rory,
    here is the set that I would buy, 18.5 inches, you can use wheel extensions if you want but they are not necessary, you can also use track tuners but again they are not necessary with this design. I would get these tracks with the added ice cleats as displayed in this video because they make the track more versatile for winter conditions and can't be beat for climbing over fallen trees and climbing up muddy banks. The belted design is durable, all in all I think are these are the perfect tracks for the conditions you described.

I look forward to some excellent video of you running circles around the other machines in the peat conditions of your native Scotland.

I would keep the rubber tracks for winter and get a set of 14.5 pro series For the muskeg and bog riding.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    I would keep the rubber tracks for winter and get a set of 14.5 pro series For the muskeg and bog riding.

RD
    Rd do you think a 14.5 inch track would be wide enough for some of those extreme peat bogs I have seen in Scotland? I was thinking you would need the extra width and traction to stay on top of that mess.

I agree with you on the extra width giving more floatation, but if the peat bogs are what I'm thinking.... IMHO, you're going to get stuck no matter what you're wearing. I have both, the 18.5 Adairs and the 14.5 Pro's, both have advantages (here and there), both get stuck in what I think you are referring to. I just got home tonight from a 32 day trip with both our Conquests, some very challenging terrain, both machines loaded very heavy for some of it. I drove both machines a lot, both types of tracks are quite capable but I did manage to get stuck a half dozen times between the two machines........ Always in the real thick, pea soup, boggy, holes, with Steep approaches.
    Also, I was thinking there will always be the option of upgrading to the wider track, if he wants to. Although I've had some issues with the steel cleats in my terrain, others may not have the same problem.

Cheers
    RD

Rd, thanks for the info, appreciated. You have both sets, if you had a choice which track would you take for all year use? The pro series with cleats or the 18.5"?

Dan I think you might be right, I think I will keep 1 machine on standard Argo tracks for winter and 1 with the 14.5 with cleat kit,

I've not tried the Pro series with the extension kit, but I believe that's what I would go with if I HAD to choose only one. I would choose them for their strength and durability, not because they work better.

RD

I have the Adair pro series 14.5 in northern ny state they are awseom with the 7inch ice cleat extension great all season combo the guys at Adair are first class honest and stand behind there products 110percent you can't go wrong with them good luck anthony

Not to highjack your thread there Rory. But have been facing the same questions. To me spending the that much of my hard earned dough on tracks has been a struggle. But I have made up my mind. I was wondering if you ever pulled the trigger on a set? I am going to go with the pro series. Best all around bang for my buck.

+ Reply to Thread