uk restorer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: uk restorer

uk restorer

hi guys,i posted earlier trying to get some imfo on my newly acquired argo8 mixture settings ,it was really rough.my old stalking friend got it for us as we getting too old for carrying em out on our backs,but ,bless him ,he knew nothing about them so we ended up with a real heap of crap.
    i had 2 mobile mechanics come out (young lads.if you cannot plug it into a diagnostic checker then its no good),both failed to notice there was a plug lead missing,writing her her off as a dog.luckily thru this forum i got in touch with rodp,really lucky for me he is only 20 minutes away here in england.rod and his son sam came over to my stalking ground ,loaded her on the trailer and got her back to their workshop.
    the restoration has been totally amazing,power is awesome now,shes been stripped down completly and re built to such a high standard its amazing,the attention to detail is a refreshing change.the crap old ignition has gone and been replaced with a button start and push on live feed,fitted up to a solar panel so shes allways charged up,re wired,new solenoid,plugs,hi tension leads ,points ,condenser and everything else that needed doing.chains boiled out ,repacked with lube,they didnt need replacing rod said,which was really honest of him.the badly fitting bonnet was expertly re shaped with a heat gun.front winch was scrap but the rear winch stripped and fitted on the front(hopefully dragging the big bucks out(we hope),the full hood is now being re zipped and new windows fitted.she was taken back this week and put thru her paces,what a difference,i wouldnt swop her for anything else,shes about 1985 i.c model,been really negleted,but now shes a beast to be really proud of.
    many thanks to rod and sam,a truly fantastic restore,well done men.
    Attached Images

Looking good

Wow, didn't expect this Pete, glad you happy with it mate. It also made a nice change for the customer to pop in now and again just for a chat and coffee (and bacon and egg sarnies ) Don't be a stranger, you know where we are. Any problems / teething troubles and we'll be out in a flash mate. Hood will have new windows and zips as soon as the new valve for the PVC welder is here.

It was also quite a shock to see how many high seats you had up when we went on the test / demo run around your site, that's a stalkers paradise. Don't lose that permission, it would take some replacing.

Cheers Pete, see you soon for a coffee

That's a great looking machine ,,Good Riding Always ...and Good Hunting ...

That looks really good. Nice work.

took the refurbed argo out this evening ,trying for a buck,nothing showed,but what a beautiful evening,she looked and drove fantastic,here she is with my faithfull old 270 browning a bolt,complete with moderator draped across.no luck on the deer ,but what a buzz racing back with all the lights on.
    sorry guys ,not too hot on getting the pics the right way up
    Attached Images

sorry guys,not to hot on getting the pics right way up.haaaa,treat her like a lady and she will behave,treat her like a bitch and she will tip your passengers out

I like the spare tire mounted in the rear. That's pretty cool.

Keith.

Red face

got the hang of the pics now,got to within 100yds from a group of about 25 fallow deer just standing in freshly ploughed field today,they didnt take any notice of the argo,but assoon as i dismounted,they were gone(put the browning in the back next time)but today it was a good old thrash about.fantastic performance since ron and sam restored it.i parked up in a coppice while i went for a brew with the farmer next door,was away an hour,when i came back they had ploughed both sides of the coppice and left no headland,so low gear and drove all the way back,got no fillings in my teeth left,but what a vehicle,then i did a daft thing(i bet youve all done it),got on a long flat green field,gave it full throttle for about 300yds then jammed back the right brake really hard,does excactly what its says on the tin,it brakes.i slid along the vinyl seat and flew out the left hand side,only my macho pride dented while she just sat there ticking over purrfectly ,almost sneering is that your best shot.
    Attached Images

brakes work well now don't they ? Less of the More of the may be for the best.

+ Reply to Thread