Jumpingjack trailer tents

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jumpingjack trailer tents

Jumpingjack trailer tents

Was discussing the issues of hauling and camping don't care to much for tents but as a last resort i will (sleeping on ground). Had a thought about turning my haul trailer into a tent/camper. Worked out a few details and someone told me about a JumpingJack trailer. Looked into it and there they are. Will include the web site. They are a little pricey, aroud 5k. Got some ideas from it but with as many skills as i see and hear on this site i thought i would throw this out and get some input. Someone out in 6X6 world may have already built one, no use re-inventing the wheel. If there is intrest on this i would like to hear from you guys. I am positive one can be built for less and just as well.

My problem with this design is the center of gravity looks a bit high.

argo-trailer.jpg

web site: Tent Trailers - From Trailer to Tent in 5 Minutes!

I like them and checked into a dealership. As you said they are expensive so I didn't pursue it further knowing that they would not sell in my area when a tent will serve the same purpose.

Lots of good info on this page for Jeep guys, also has an interesting section on off-road trailer stuff...

Trailers

Haul Trailer Conversion

Lewis, I did what you were thinking about. I converted a light weight haul trailer into a tent camper. I narrowed the axles/body, added tent sides/end, insulated it, added stabilzers, faired it, and cooler. I used a double (54") air mattress for sleeping. Inside (one on each side) were gas struts that erected the camper automatically, and kept it up. The attached awning took an additional 30 seconds to set up. I did a trip to SD last summer and it worked out great. It is very light weight and can easily be pulled with my bike or VW Passat diesel. The best part is by simply removing 2 hinge pins the whole light weight top with tent attached can be stowed on top of your AATV. Also at the tongue end of the box is a little door that when opened allows you to drive your bike front wheel through. The tongue is a channel so it locks the front tire in place, this way if you want to trail your bike and then ride/camp you got it made.
    Attached Images

Smile motorcycle trailer

Ray, I see the guy from out west who bought your bushwacker did a posting. It's going strong. I saw an Argo dealer at the Toronto Sportsmans show who says your Water wheel is still under design. He is having a ride on April 27, are you going to be there?

How expensive are they - ball park figure?

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Jet (Water) Wheel

Hi Philip, I spoke to Russ (Bushwacker owner) a little while ago and he said he still enjoys riding it. He invited me out to his hunt camp this June for some record walleye fishing, so you know where I will be come June

The Jet Wheel is not finalized yet, winter came and we couldn't finish our testing. But as spring is rapidly approaching we will be back on the water. I can not price it because I'm not sure what the final configuration will be. It has generated a lot of interest though.

Philip I do plan on attending Cam's event at the end of April, it is usually a lot of fun, with special skill events for the AATV's. Are you planning on attending?

Smile tent trailer...

Hi Lewis, i saw the jumping Jack trailer on their site and find some really good idea. I also check the jeep Trailer and the guy had some nice detailed plans of his trailer with some really nice leafs spring and tire attachement. the other link were also really usefull with detailed mesure of trailer . I was looking at a trailer myself, took all their idea and i gonna make something nice and lightweight. I don't think 1 gonna spend 5K to make that myself !!!! I gonna make a foldable plateform for my tent and some well design storage space around the trailer sides for fuel, water, tools and camping gears. As soon as the snow will melt i will start it because i gonna need it for this summer AATV season. I gonna put some pictures when it's gonna be done.

Martin

Great! i have done some initial draft work on this project. I am looking for a design that dosen't take a long time to deploy. I am wanting to keep weight at a minimal. No i don't think you will spend 5k i dont' intend to. I just want to utilize my trailer to its max. Don't care to much for ground tents. They are all made in China now, will not buy them. I have some ideas on material. Just a thought haven't checked(price) yet but the material that is used on the sides of 18-wheelers may be applicable. This is some tuff material and our company makes it, at least we did.

Keep me posted on your progress.

lewis

Nice!

Good looking camper. What material was used as you covering?

Lewis

+ Reply to Thread