8 I/C wiring

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8 I/C wiring

8 I/C wiring

I'm almost to the point of wiring on my resto. I managed to get a NOS wiring harness for my 8 I/C.

The harness that was on the argo was a butchered rats nest. Marking what went there wouldn't have done much but add confusion. There were extra wires that who knows what the previous owner(s) had hooked to what, or what hooked to.

Is there a better diagram for wiring that's in the service manual?

It's about as much help as the old butchered harness is.

Thanks!

Ken

I don't recall seeing any better diagrams, if you have an nos harness I'd suggest upgrading to the 8 spade fuse system from the 4 round tube fuse system. This should help prevent you from making a new "rats nest".

Mine has one in line fuse between the battery and the ignition switch. Even the old hacked up harness has only one inline fuse. That's all the manual shows for my model of 8 I/C too unless I'm missing or overlooking something.

Not sure what you mean.

Sorry to confuse you, had the NKB pictured in my head. May still be a good idea to put a small fuse panel in place to draw fused accessories off of neatly, the Conquest has two 4 hole panels which would aloow you to have direct and key-on only positions.

The confusion made me take a look in the manual to make sure I knew what was what. The old harness didn't have an inline fuse for the brake blower motor, and there should be one as far as I can tell.

I did buy a small accessory fuse panel that is ignition hot only (so if I forgot to run something off, it's off when the key is off) for accessories.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSAK View Post
    The confusion made me take a look in the manual to make sure I knew what was what. The old harness didn't have an inline fuse for the brake blower motor, and there should be one as far as I can tell.

I did buy a small accessory fuse panel that is ignition hot only (so if I forgot to run something off, it's off when the key is off) for accessories.

Thanks for the help.
    There's a golden rule with auto electrics buddy, if it's live fuse it. You can't have too many fuses, but you can certainly pay the price for having too few

The old harness was a mess. Taps everywhere for accessories. Totally worthless for mapping the replacement harness.

The battery cables were spliced with steel 3/8 cable clamps, then wrapped heavily in electrical tape. The previous owner spent a small fortune in electrical tape.

I've seen some rigged wiring before, but nothing like this. Especially considering how uncomplicated argo wiring harnesses are compared to other vehicles.

+ Reply to Thread