argo heaters

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: argo heaters

argo heaters

I would like to hear from the people who run /use their argo in cold weather ,if they have a heater kit .I have been looking at getting a newer Hdi argo and would be using it in the winter,so I would get it with a wind shield and a convertible as well.I been told that if you get a heater kit you need an alternator kit as well to run the added electrical load of the fan;but the newer HDI argos have a 20/50 charging system on them /built in to them,so would you still need the extra alternator kit?

There is a lot if heat that comes in thru the firewall. You could just take that put or get a spare one and cut some holes in it, and I think that would hear your cab up pretty good. Outside of that I would just get a heater buddy or other portable propane heater and strap it down. Save on the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted1 View Post
    There is a lot if heat that comes in thru the firewall. You could just take that put or get a spare one and cut some holes in it, and I think that would hear your cab up pretty good. Outside of that I would just get a heater buddy or other portable propane heater and strap it down. Save on the battery.
    I don't think a mr buddy heater would work very well I use mine ice fishing and if ya barely bump it it'll shut down and if you could disable it could be very dangerous

The 20 amp charging coil (internal alternator) will handle the fan motor just fine. That fan blows very little air compared to the brake cooling fan. More air = more electricity needed to push it.
    Depending on personal preference of how warm you want it, I'd guess the heater fan will get turned off after a short time....or you will open the windows.

Buy the HDI, buy the heater kit, if you have issues (more likely from too many lights) add the alternator kit at that time.....don't worry, be happy.

I think I remember reading that the heater kits were not that effective in very cold weather due to the operating temperature range of the engine. People were harnessing the exhaust heat with copper pipe instead and having great results.

Dave

Yes I thought of using a buddy heater but I did not know that they have a tip over switch built in to them,thank's for the info. any other ideals ,what about a gas heater like the old VW's??

The old Bugs I remember pulled air across the exhaust and into the cab......very bad if the exhaust leaked.

There were gas fired heaters for them you used to be able to buy through JC Whitney.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Don't propane heaters suck up oxygen in an enclosed area making it dangerous?

I was caribou hunting at -20F. I have a 2003 conquest without a heater and we were down to jeans and shirts. We would have shed more clothes but than it would have been a little weird.
    Definitly do an alternator kit and a heater wouldn't be bad to have cuz you never know when you'll need it
    2003 Argo Conquest
    Wasilla, Alaska

+ Reply to Thread