Bit of help conquest more power than avenger?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bit of help conquest more power than avenger?

Bit of help conquest more power than avenger?

So I have a steep test hill in my property. I have a conquest and non-EFI avenger. The conquest breezes up the hill without tracks the avenger with or without tracks seems like it lacks the power both tested in low and high gear. The avenger just flat out runs out of power like the governor is holding it at 60% power, it will not spin tires. Conquest more than enough power to go up it and spin tires. Any ideas? thanks for the help!

Bobby

I would start by checking the RPM's should be at least 3600 unloaded and those governors are touchy when adjusting, also look at your belt.

Many times a lack of power can be caused by clutching. Most likely culprit in clutch problems would be the driven clutch on the transmission. If the engine seems to run fine that is where I'd start.

Once you have the gov. set properly, the belt verified to be in good shape and deflection is correct.......If you still lack power, move on to the clutches.
    The weights in the primary are very easy to change and will make a big difference.
    Here are a couple threads on that: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...tml#post136357

This one doesn't really apply to your problem and is quite long, so you may want to skip to the end. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...-test-run.html

Thanks for the advise, I have a brand new HD belt. I'm not sure how to adjust governors or check rpm. Any suggestions? I have an old tach (don't think it will do 2cyld) and a didgital timing light that might work. The avenger has 116 hrs and I just changed plugs, oil, trans fluid, fuel filter, fresh fuel, and air filter outer only..... Thank again for the help!

What tranny does the Conquest have and what tranny does the Avenger have?? Argos come with either a High, medium, or low geared tranny. They are stampeed on top on the tranny (GU=low, MU=medium, and HU=high).

I had a non EFI Avenger with a High geared tranny and It was a dog compared to my Low geared Conquest. Clutching as mentioned also plays a bit into it, but I had both machines weighted/sprung for optimal performance and it did not make a big difference in the Avenger. My Avenger was plagued with heat (vapor lock) in warm weather, but I think if it had the GU tranny it would have been a different machine.

I will check the trans when i get home. I did manage to put a big old tach on it just to check and right at about 3500-3600 max rpm in neutral is that what it should be? it really seems like it needs a bit lower gear.

Try to check where the belt sits in the driven clutch when the machine is not running. A belt sitting to low will indicate improper back shifting and possibly over aggressive shifting. My conquest had the same symptoms as your avenger. I found the new belt sitting 1/8" bellow the shives. One of the cam guides broke causing the clutch to shift irraticly. A compression test would also be a good idea.

Dave

Avenger trans number A1537
    Conquest 19084MU
    So that being said conquest medium
    And avenger.....

What year is the Avenger?

+ Reply to Thread