Bit of help conquest more power than avenger?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bit of help conquest more power than avenger?

I don't know about the tans number on the Avenger. If it isn't stamped with the Mu, Gu, etc. Maybe someone else can chime in. You could also call Argo and they could tell you with that #.

Avenger is 2004, I think it's just the way it is lol

Bspears,

The 2004 is the first year of the Avenger... the same year as mine. Two issues face this configuration; 1. The driven clutch is set on the lowest spring adjustment and 2. the installed transmission is a high gear configuration. Argo knew they had a power transfer problem and eventually fixed it with a different tranny in later years.

I did get increased performance by adjusting the clutch spring from position 1 to position 3. I could at least make the machine go up steep inclines in low gear after doing this. Not fully satisfied with the performance I opted to replace my transmission this year with the low geared 3.3. It's now an unstoppable tank. New transmissions are not the cheapest but I'm very happy with my upgrade. Hopefully I get to see how well it handles a large payload of moose meat in a few days.

Good luck.

Mike
    Last edited by kingtroller; 08-29-2013 at 12:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread