Electronic Fuel Pump needed

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Fuel Pump needed

Sooo. Make my wife ride in the back all the time your saying. Good idea! Love it.

I put one in and Nah, it didn't work. Gotta check some more things out make sure nothin is plugged.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    With the choke on full it doesn't like to start. I have to hold full throttle and let it turn over until it starts (without choke). It then starts and runs great. If I install a Electric Fuel Pump won't there need to be a regulator installed also. I don't want to much pressure going to the carb. With an electric fuel pump I'm guessing I only need 2.5 to 3# pressure at the carb?
    After re reading your situation, I think your float might be sticky. Sounds like its flooding out when sitting. Holding throttle wide open when starting is what you do if you flooded it out. It allows more air in to help lean out the situation sort of speak. Does it have black smoke when you do start it?

No black smoke, but that makes sense. This is a brand new engine so it seems odd that the float would be stuck. I wonder if I could just tap on the carb to see if that might loosen it. But, after it starts and gets warm it runs like a top. Starts immediately when you go to start it after its been started and run for a minute or so. Hmmm?

Squeeze bulb didn't work. Any mechanic out there have any ideas? I can start it right up when it's warm no problem, without choke of course. But leave it set for a half hour or so it won't start unless you hold the throttle wide open, turn it over for about 7 seconds or so and it starts right up. Why does it start when it's warm with no problem, but when it sits idle for half an hour or so, do you have to open the throttle wide open? I installed a new inline fuel filter, it's glass and I can see it's filled with gas. Don't quite get it. Of course there are alot of things I don't understand like...black holes and how a dragonfly can fly upside down but,
    anyway all ideas will be thoroughly investigated and tried. Thanks Dudes and Dudessess.

Oh and one more thing. I should reiterate how it starts. I do get it to fire for a couple of seconds when you first go to start it after sitting. It won't stay running no matter what you do. Even if you throttle it or just try to leave it. And that only happens ONCE on the initial try to start after sitting.
    Carry on!

Does it have the anti backfire solenoid? I have no idea but maybe its not working right when it gets hot?

I Don't think so. It backfires when you shut if off after running it for awhile.

Is this a new Briggs? Have you solved the not pumping when cranking the engine? If the fuel level is to low it wont fire.

Check compression cold then hot. Maybe tight valves?

+ Reply to Thread