Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
I'd like to rule out the pulse pump and pulse line first.
Set up a small tank, or plastic cup to gravity feed fuel directly to the carb. The carb float bowl holds a small amount of fuel and if it is full the motor should start. Installing the primer bulb may have only pressurized the line to the pulse pump......maybe not the line from pump to carb?????

You should also unhook the pulse line or it may spray fuel all over the place when the motor cranks.
Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Buggyman, I checked the line going from the mechanical pump to the carb and it is free and flows good. I sprayed a very little starting fluid into the carb and it starts right up no problem. So it's gotta be something with the carb. I am a little hesitant to remove the carb being it is brand new. There is only one adjustment on the carb that I know of and that is the idle speed adjustment. If I do take the carb off I would like to do some research before tearing into it.

I never suspected a problem with the line between the pulse pump and the carb. Having a blocked PRESSURIZED line is highly unlikely. It is far more probable that the vacuum (pulse) line to the engine would have blockage or is pinched. This would cause a weak pulse that may not allow fuel to be pumped at cranking speed, but after running would pump enough fuel.
It is also possible that a defective fuel pump would cause the same problem.

Again, My advise is to rig up a gravity feed to the carb.

If your engine runs well, has good power, idles well, etc. It isn't going to be a carb problem.