Recreatives Industries, Inc. purchased by Mudd-Ox Inc.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Recreatives Industries, Inc. purchased by Mudd-Ox Inc.

Recreatives Industries, Inc. purchased by Mudd-Ox Inc.

Today, Mudd-Ox, Inc. announced that they have purchased Recreatives Industries, Inc. For anyone not familiar with Recreatives Industries (RI), they are the manufacturer of the Max line of six wheelers including the two seat Max II, four seat Max IV and the two seat Buffalo Truck. RI also owns the rights to the T20 transmission that was used in many different AATVs over the years. You can see their current website for more information: Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511

I am starting this thread as a place for everyone to discuss the purchase and what this means for the Max line of ATVs. I recently spoke with Matt from Mudd-Ox, Inc. regarding the purchase and I wanted to pass along some of the information that he shared with me to hopefully answer some of the major questions that many of us would have:

For now, Recreatives Industries will continue to operate as normal in Buffalo, NY. Mudd-Ox, Inc. is currently expanding their manufacturing facility in Shipshewana, Indiana. This new facility is four times as large as their current facility and it will allow for expansion of the Mudd-Ox line of ATVs while also incorporating the Max line of ATVs. There will be a gradual transition that will move the manufacturing of Max ATVs, as well as the parts support, from the Buffalo, NY facility to the Shipshewana, Indiana facility over the next year or two. Eventually, both the Max and Mudd-Ox line of ATVs will be housed in one facility in Shipshewana, Indiana.

As for the Max ATVs themselves, Mudd-Ox, Inc. plans to continue production of all three models. Once the manufacturing is brought in-house to their Shipshewana, Indiana facility, Matt plans on making improvements to the existing line-up. This will initially include changes as simple as using the Mudd-Ox Vendetta tires on the Max IV and Buffalo Truck and could eventually lead to some major changes that could include retooling the Max II to accommodate larger tires. Any modifications would, of course, depend on multiple factors and have to be weighed from a financial perspective but Matt is excited about making improvements wherever he can. Perhaps this is a good time to bring up micmac’s wishlist thread to RI: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-list-you.html

I look forward to seeing the improvements that Mudd-Ox, Inc. will bring to the Max line of ATVs.

damn I just hope he keeps making parts for us and that the parts stay at a reasonable price maybe if he mass produces he can make the parts more affordable
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

like the cost of splined axles and sprockets for example
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Wow, when I first read the title of this thread I thought it was an April Fools joke, but quickly realized it was the wrong month for that. That's wild. It will certainly be interesting to see what changes take place, I know no moss grows on anything Matt undertakes so hopefully RI can be updated with the latest tech that they seem to be lacking.

I think this is great and have already personally congratulated Matt. This will benefit the sport greatly as Matt has a true passion for the hobby. Only good things are to come from this merger!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I Will be sad to not be able to just run over to Recreatives and buy parts like I do right now and the company will be missed here in buffalo. But I know there can only be good things to come from this. Congratulations Matt. Very excited to see your future plans

Congratulations to Matt and the whole crew at Mudd Ox! We can't wait to see what happens next.

So Matt: Does this mean there's a Max factory race team in the near future?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

CONGRATULATIONS MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And also congrats to every 6x6 enthusiast out there because I know this means Max will finally get the updates it has deserved for so long. I love everyone at RI but the Max has sat stagnate for far to long. It's an excellent vehicle that really deserves to be brought into the modern age. Matt has done more with his Mudd Ox in four years than Max and Argo have done in 40 years. I can't wait to see what Matt does with the Max in the next few years.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

A Max IV and Buffalo truck with Vendetta tires and suspension seats, plus molding the lower tub on a Max II to accept larger tires would be great.

Got to be good, obviously as I'm quite a way from RI, I've never spoken to or met them. I have however read Matts threads on here and it's obvious he's not only got a passion for what he does but is also a most helpful sort of bloke. Good luck to him with the new venture.

Argo next ??

+ Reply to Thread