max parts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max parts

max parts

I know most might know about this,but this is for those that dont.most of the parts can be gotten at TSC(tractor supply comp.)for your max.I found out this weekend that the plugs (drain) in the back of a max are the same plugs in the trans of a Snapper riding lawn mower.might be cheaper to.Just figured Id pass this little tid- bit on!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly enough, I just lost a drain plug today somehow I have had the same two since I got the machine. I guess I know where I will be heading.

These are the drain plugs that I use, they can be purchased at any good hardware store. They are adjustable by screwing the locking lever in. They come in different sizes. these are for a 5/8 to 3/4 hole,and seal much better, also a lot easer to get out. But I still keep a handful of stock ones in my tool bag.
    Attached Images

I use the same plugs in my maxiv, I bought two sets and in almost two years I'm still on the first set. when you put them in make sure you flip the latch up so the skid plate helps protect it from getting pulled out.

Whipper, thanks for posting those. I will give them a try.

max parts

me too,,they looked a lot more heavy duty than the ones from the factory. I,ll soon be heading to the hardware store to find some.

I have looked all over for these. Two hardware stores, lowes, home depot, and a plumbing supply place. Nothing! I finally looked at the boat section in walmart and saw some but I got the wrong size. i will be going back soon. Just hope they have the right ones. If anyone finds them online please post a link!

Hey, Mike;

Here's a link. You can do a search on "bait well plugs" and may come up with a better price.

Don

Seadog Brass Baitwell Plugs, 3/8in To 7/8in, Pairs.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks Don! I didn't really know what to search for. "Drain plugs" wasn't helping much. I did a quick search now that I know what to look for and that link you posted is probably the cheapest that I have seen so far.

+ Reply to Thread