Ledges, Ohio 2007 Ride!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ledges, Ohio 2007 Ride!

We should be there tomorrow morning to get camp set-up. Is everyone coming Friday or Saturday? Who is bringing their children? I'll have my 3 ranging from
    5 -9. The trails are tame enough for the youngins so bring them along. The kids will have a blast.

Hey lance, it was great to see you and your family this year, hope to see you guys again maybe you can go to the mountains in aug.

The ride was great. We had no near death experiences which is always a good thing while traveling with the family. My machine performed wonderful. Nothing broke and I did not even take on enough water to use the bilge pump.
    I enjoyed driving Tom's machine with the marshmallow tires and 25 horse Kohler. The larger back seat on the newer models is a great improvement. We only got stuck twice. I posted some pictures from the water crossing on Saturday. I managed to get out with no problems. Lucky me
    We are probably going to join the Ribits Riders club from western New York. Sounds like they have alot of fun and get out pretty often. I think next year we will bring 2 machines to split up the family a little bit. My son wanted to try everything ..even if it was going to kill us !

The Ledges ROCKED!

WOW!

We got back yesterday from the Ledges Ride, and all I can say is WOW. This place is absolutely fantastic for any sort of machine. Turnout was incredible, the event was managed extremely well, and the wide range of terrain has something for absolutely everyone.

I had a chance to finally meet a few people on the board who are right in my back yard (Tom, Eric), and to meet a lot of people from all over the midwest, northeast and from Ontario. The pictures Lance posted in the gallery were taken at one of the coolest spots on the big trail ride. There was a creek that was about 50 feet wide or so, with a very difficult climb out of the other side (for most machines). There was always 3 or 4 people there to tow the machine up the initial ledge so you could get enough traction to make it the rest of the way.

There is an incredible dune area about 3/4 of a mile away down an arrow straight gravel road where you can really let 'er rip. Once George M. posts some photos, you won't believe how badly Joe and I treated the racers. (I think I'll be getting a new avatar . I GPS'd the D/stock at a very respectable 47mph down one of the dead-flat gravel roads screaming away at about 6500 RPM with an idiot behind the sticks. With a sprocket change, I'm sure she'll pull 55, but I don't need to do that. (It's already deadly, and I don't need to myself. ) I'm not sure how many machines there were total, but I'd estimate it at about 70 or so; probably more.

You can ride all day for all 3 or 4 days and never, ever get bored. With the response that Leo got from the crowd this year, I don't see how he can't hold it next year. In my opinion, it's worth a day's drive (or 3 days, Whipper) to get there to spend the weekend. The camping area is really beautiful, and the property is just huge. As pictures start to pour in from different sources, I'll post them in the gallery.

~m

I was anxiously awaiting your responses to the weekend and I'm glad that everyone had such an awesome time. It looks like I will be making a trip next year but for now, it's off to the gallery to see what all the fuss is about

Mike, if you've never ridden with a large group of 6x6 and 8x8 before, you should plan on next years event. Just watching how good (and bad) some of the machines and drivers perform is worth the trip. There's s few people you want to follow and a few people you don't want to follow

These events are really what it's all about. A quick Google Maps query for "Kings Mountain, NC to Garrettsville, OH" shows its only about 8.5 hours. Marc S. from Jersey traveled 8 for Copper Ridge, and about the same for this ride. If you plan to arrive mid day on Thursday, you have all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday to ride. It's amazing how much you learn about your machine and other machines in this sort of gathering. The BS can be about knee-deep, but the trails are the great equalizer.

Some people take there machines right up to the gates of Hell and start knocking. Others putt-putt along at a steady 2 mph on the trail. I learned to listen to Lance and try to stay toward the head of the pack which moves a bit faster. Outside of the larger trail rides, there are about 60 hours worth of "go explore yourself" time where you can go where-ever you want when-ever you want. I already miss it...

~m

It sounds awesome. I do plan on going next year and really I just can't wait to ride with some other AATVs!

Hey Lance, you woud'nt be referring to not following me are you? ha ha

Did you guys get some good exposure for 6x6world.com there?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread