Ledges, Ohio 2007 Ride!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ledges, Ohio 2007 Ride!

Ledges, Ohio 2007 Ride!

Argo - What's New

Heres the link. Its not just for Argos, I know a big group of my friends and I will be bringing our modified Maxes and Attexs. Its just outside of Cleveland, Ohio and from what I've been hearing, there will be a really big crowd this year!

Thanks for sharing that link. How cool would it be to ride with that many AATVs. You will have to take lots of videos and pics!

I was at Ledges last year and there was over 60 machines there. It was a great ride, the night rides went on till after 4am. You get alot of everything from mud to creek crossings to lakes to sand dunes. If you diddn't go last year do it this year. Also Copper Ridge is comeing up soon, if you like steeeeep hills thats the place to go, it's in Olean New York

I'm looking forward to driving on the sand. Sadly, I live on an Island and have never driven on the beaches. You'd get in less trouble driving across police headquarters lawn than you would for driving on a beach here.
    Banned

I'm jealous of all you guys. You had better take lots of pics and videos so that I can enjoy it too!

I just had a quick chat with HeyDan down at RI. He spoke with Dan Leonetti over at Leo's Argo (hosting the Ledges ride), and he (Dan L.) said there was something like 100 machines already registered. Crikey!

I can't imagine what it'll be like. I wish I had a bigger trailer...
    ~m

Mkie, you're pretty handy with a welder, why not make a 2-story trailer ?

I'd need a bigger tow rig, but it's an option!

In all actuality, I don't know if the 4 stroke is going to be able to make it. It's causing me some considerable consternation. The EFI is goofing up after the engine gets warm, and causing an overly lean condition. There's a bunch of things it could be, but they all check out fine. That, and for some stupid reason, I can't get the secondary clutch to engage. I've changed over to a stock Max green spring on the secondary, the primary Comet Duster is set up as it should be for the 4 stroke, the belt appears to be fine. It's just not engaging the secondary clutch under any load. It'll engage if you sit there and rev the bejesus out of it, but that's not helping me on the trail. I'm running the stock 35 degree engagement ramp on the secondary, and I don't think changing over to a 30 degree ramp would help. As far as I can tell, the spring is installed with the right pre-load. I've taken the tranny out twice to change it with no change in performance.

Right now top speed is about 5-10 mph tops, and after the engine warms up, it's cutting out/popping. The plugs indicate really lean conditions. The O2 sensor voltage is fine across the board, and is grounded well throughout the chassis. New fuel filter, no kinked lines, pressure regulator is fine as far as I can tell. It's just when it gets warm, and gets put under load. If I can't figure out these two problems within the next 5 days, I'll have to leave it home. <sigh>

I'm lucky enough to have other machines to bring if necessary...
    ~m

Kohler Clutch

Mike, I have an extra 1190 engine clutch you can try if you want. If you have tried everything with the secondary, maybe the primary is the problem. -Dan

This is quickly turning into a tech thread (my bad), so I'll redirect it here

+ Reply to Thread