Any 6x6'ers in the Pacific Northwest? (Especially in Southeast WA/Northeast OR)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any 6x6'ers in the Pacific Northwest? (Especially in Southeast WA/Northeast OR)

Any 6x6'ers in the Pacific Northwest? (Especially in Southeast WA/Northeast OR)

There are so few 6x6's and 8x8's for sale up here, I'm wondering if I'm the only 6x6'er in this end of the state. It would be great to get a ride together, maybe even a run to Florance Oregon.

Adondo
    Where abouts in Eastern Washington are you? Im on the West side by JBLM, planning a trip to the dunes by Coos Bay, OR next spring.

I'm in the Tri-Cities. Hermiston OR is about 20 minutes away.

I could go for a Coos Bay trip. I've already thought the beach would be a great place for a 6x6. Tide comes in too fast? Who cares, just float back in again. It would be cool to get enough phibies together to invade those dunes!
    "Sand is pavement to a 6x6!"

Are you the one with the max that posted looking for riders on the Spokane craigslist? I know of atleast one other rider near me that would go for a dunes trip as well.

I did post an ad, but in the Tri-Cities area. https://kpr.craigslist.org/ Spokane is close enough that often searches will pull up things from that far away.

I'm just beginning to get into the Juniper Wilderness area, as it's pretty big. From one corner where everyone parks their rigs, Google Earth measures about 9 miles to another corner. There's a LOT of sand dunes out there. I think the whole ORV section is maybe 100 square miles. The upper end is off limits, and is a wildlife habitat zone.

Another place would be Beverly Dunes near Vantage, and those follow Crab Creek. They're not all that big though. Enough for a good ride though, and about the center of the state for Seattle people.

The dunes at Moses Lake would be a good place, as they're at one end of a huge reservoir. There's water and swamp/mud areas mixed in with that area too, perfect for amphibs. I've Jeeped there, but there are limits when it comes to water. And, you sure ain't a' gonna' Jeep your way out to a sand island!

Couple of Google Earth captures:
    One of the big dunes at Juniper:

Close up view, with a pickup truck. This is the tiny little white spec towards the bottom in the larger picture.
    Last edited by Adondo; 12-23-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    "Sand is pavement to a 6x6!"

Sounds like a good time, Im still in the waiting process or my title so I can get the tag here in Washington, and have a few things left to finish on the springer, but should be up and running shortly after the first of the year hopefully with title here

+ Reply to Thread