short swimming video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: short swimming video

short swimming video

2012 diesel ox (standard tub) swimming with 25x12x9 argo 189's. Actually swims pretty well. Mudd-ox Vendetta tires would no doubt swim even better. I opted to go with the 189's only because they would fit my tracks. Vendetta's would be sweet.

diesel mudd ox swimming - YouTube

Buzz,

Thanks for the video, but I wouldn't rush to any conclusions about the Vendetta's in water, if they were that good I'm sure we would have seen video of them swimming already, I've seen video of them in mud and they don't look like they do any better than the previous tires, which didn't exactly move the Ox in water all that fast.

The difference is I know they'll make the machine swim faster. I saw a night and day difference simply by going to a paddle-tread shape even in a smaller 25" size. The increased surface area of the Vendetta compared to the 25x12x9 at189 is equivalent to stepping up from the 24x10x8 to the 25x12x9. I would imagine (bouyancy being equal), just having the top of the 26" Vendetta an inch higher out of the water would help....not to mention the increased bouyancy of the larger tub. The XL tub is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
    Buzz,

Thanks for the video, but I wouldn't rush to any conclusions about the Vendetta's in water, if they were that good I'm sure we would have seen video of them swimming already, I've seen video of them in mud and they don't look like they do any better than the previous tires, which didn't exactly move the Ox in water all that fast.
    The tires performed great all around from what I could see. They worked well on the Ox and the Max IV's in mud and water. I'm not sure who peed in your cereal this morning, but you just seem to have a vendetta against those tires. Are they perfect in all situations, of course not. No tire excels everywhere, but if you want a nice ride that swims good and can still get you through the nasty stuff, I think its a great option. If you want to give up swim speed and ride quality, I am sure there are other tires that may suit you as well.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Buzz, the water speed of that Mudd Ox is very impressive with the Argo tires, they work with your tracks, even better, thanks for taking the time to post up a video.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Buzz, the water speed of that Mudd Ox is very impressive with the Argo tires, they work with your tracks, even better, thanks for taking the time to post up a video.
    you bet. I have been pleasantly surprised (as many have...other machines...different sizes) with that style tread pattern just overall.

+ Reply to Thread