Argo leans to one side

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo leans to one side

Question Argo leans to one side

Hey guys, just serviced up the argo had tracks and tires off and everything, put the tracks back on and went for a burn through some snow, for some reason looking at my argo, it looks like it is leaning to one side, there is little-no distance between the track and the body on the passenger side, and a good inch or two gap on the drivers. it seems to be driving straight and isnt a rough ride. I jacked it up and stood on the tracks as they were elevated, and the gap didnt change, any ideas? IMG_5370.jpgIMG_5369.jpg I didnt see any wiggle in the axles or bearings when i had it jacked up and was watching from inside... Tire pressures same on both sides, tires measured, etc...

Just curious...Did you put the tires and tracks back in the same order and side that they were on before?
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Look at your lower tub, does it sag from inside wheel well to outside wheel well?
    Is it only at the rear tires? May want to re-measure the rear tires also?

It seems evenly tight along the entire passenger side. The tires were replaced in the same order and places they were in originally. IMG_5371.jpg IMG_5372.jpg

argos can get body sag in hot weather. especially if loaded very heavy on the sides or worse if tied down with a cargo strapm over the body from side to side. if you think your machine has that problem,it has been discussed here before and most members say either jacking up or hanging the machine by the body sides and applying lots of heat over a wide area should solve the problem. if you do this, please let us know how it worked.

i'lll give that a try and let you know how it goes, thanks

Pick the same points on each side and measure the body to the floor. This should tell you if one side is lower. We never apply a strap across the body for this reason. It can cause the body to sag. Temperature and time can help this occur.

Lewis
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Thumbs up Larry W

Yup! That did the trick. I was sweating bullets thinking that i had to replace the bearings on the entire passenger side.

This is how i fixed the problem..

I removed the tracks from the side that was touching, I jacked up the front, lowered it onto 2x4's inbetween the tires, then lowered the jack, jacked it up in the back, did the same thing so all of the weight was on the 2x4's, on the sagging side. I also added about 300 pounds to the back of the argo to make sure it worked. I then heated up the inside, and the outside with space heaters over night. Next day I turned off the heaters and let it cool before taking out the 2x4's... Problem FIXED! I have even gap between the hull and my track again. thanks guys

IMG_5376.jpgIMG_5375.jpg
    Last edited by Xplicit; 11-27-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Congratulations on your repair. Thanks for your report and the pictures are perfect.

Congrats!

Space heater. Brilliant! I have my engine out right now and want to adjust the area of the tub where the drive pulley is mounted to simplify removal/installation and didn't want to stand there with a heat gun. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread