20hp honda in a argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 20hp honda in a argo

Its not going to hurt to try. I'm not sure it will work perfectly, but you never know.

hi ,
    The side by side clutches will most likely have fast up shift and slow down shift characteristics compared and opposite to what a 6x6 needs .This will be notiicable in hard tough conditions mud sand snow etc .The wrong clutches will give poor shifting and disappointing performance .

U can try these sxs clutches but beaware of there potential limitations

tomo

The sxs had high and low range in it thatMay or may not matter I think I'll try it on a test run when I get the motor I'm before. I put the top half back on if I don't like the performance I'll see if I can get a clutch that will work with the argo clutch and fit the honda shaft thanks for everyone help and info if anyone else has any info please let me know I always welcome info when I'm dealing with things I'm not sure about

get er' movin' with what ya got and go from there, both units were setup for low end torque

Well first off I'd like to thank everyone for the info and secondly I hate to say it because I'm a mechanical maintance tec at a steelmill but I'm a victim of cheap tools the calipers I used were cheap china made junk that were reading wrong I found this out when my 9 year old wanted to learn how to use them so I showed him on the Hondas shaft and the read 1.198 so I checked the kohler shaft and they read 1.145 so I got out my sterrit calipers and the turned out to be 1 inch shafts on both motors so my argo clutch will work again thanks. To all those who helped me

Did you complete the swap to the 20 hp Honda? If so I'd like to see what you did about drive & driven clutches, modifying an exhaust system to fit etc.
    I have a 1989 8 IC model that I'd like to replace the 18 hp kohler w/ a Honda 20.
    Goldking

+ Reply to Thread