Attex project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex project

Attex project

I finally started my winter project this weekend. Only had to cut 2 axles to get the frame out! Hopefully the hard part is over.

Nice project Lance.

The stock G50B mount works great if you don't mind modifying the cover.
    Banned

Looks like it's going to be a nice machine, Lance. That's a unique motor mount for the Briggs.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Nice project Lance.

I'd suggest finding or fabbing a tomahawk motor mount and getting a driven clutch off Don.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'm going to modify the factory mount to lower it about an inch. The engine cover is going to be modified/replaced with something more user friendly that holds a cooler
    The reversed Tomahawk clutch sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post

I see it already has the usual "wind mod", typical of most Attex machines. Cool Superchief Lance. I have a Chief that holds an itty bitty cooler (that you already know about) but sadly, neither it or the cooler have seen much action lately.

That's a good lookin' machine already. Can't wait to see the finished product. The green poly uppers are my favorites. Lit the heaters this morn,going to try and pull the frame out of Gizmo now. This thread just re-lit the fire under me too,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I'd suggest finding or fabbing a tomahawk motor mount and getting a driven clutch off Don.
    I highly suggest this as well. Drew and I both have this setup and we both have 18HP Vanguards in our Attexes and it works great. It's simple and easy to do. The engine cover won't need to be cut either. Nice project, Lance......it's good to see another green poly body Attex being built.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Bought a new blast cabinet from Harbor Freight this weekend. After the 2 1/2 hour assembly, I spent the rest of the time blasting rust off of parts!

Looking good, Lance! Will you have it at Ashtabula in June?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread