Busco Beach in NC April 25-27 2014

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC April 25-27 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm in the same boat... or bathtub? I only have the Max II that is in working condition right now. My goal is to get the Avenger finished in time for this ride but I've been saying that for a year now.
    Hey Mike, what happened to your Monster Max IV?
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    Hey Mike, what happened to your Monster Max IV?
    I've still got it but the front four axles need to be swapped out for splined axles. The rear two axles are already splined from Whipper, I just waited to do the front four. Last April at Busco, the front four axles really got worn and have a lot of play from the holes in the axles being worn out by the bolts. The chain is also toast and needs to be replaced. You can see how worn the axles are at the time linked to in this video by watching the front two tires rotate back and forth: Amphibious 6x6 and 8x8 ATVs - YouTube

Just wanted to keep this thread open and to keep the event fresh on everyones mind and also to make sure that anyone that is new would be informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    We will be there also!!!

1. Cory, Melody, and the girls Max II and Max IV
    2. Fred and Karen, 980 Hustler and Max IV
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I'll be there, hopefully the max stays together for a couple days. Fred I bought a new f150 yesterday, no more mini trailer... Norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Normable1973 View Post
    I'll be there, hopefully the max stays together for a couple days. Fred I bought a new f150 yesterday, no more mini trailer... Norm.
    I kinda like your little trailer,,, reminds me when I started dragracing motorcycles. I had a 1987 Ford Ranger. Used to put the bike in the bed with ramps, then I upgraded to a 5x7 lilt trailer. I had everything under the sun that I needed in that little truck and trailer. I had a lot of early mornings and late nights racing, traveling to track after track weekend after weekend!! Man, those were great times,, Manly times!!

So what year did you get? Either way, everyone knows that I'm diehard Ford, I sure that you will have great enjoyment out of it. I'm surprised that you didn't get a Chevy thou, with a built 454 in it, pushing out like 900 horsepower!! Congrats on the new truck!!!
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I hope you guys don't mind me starting the list. If I stated your status incorrectly, please correct it. Kind of want to show the new guys how big all of the rides can get.

3. Racerone3 and family? 980 Hustler, Max II, Tank Trainer, Attex?!?!?
    4. Rickga, Argo
    5. Locolouie, Argo
    6. Normable1973, Max II
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Thinking about making the spring trail ride. Just bought a Max II from Brian in Statesville. I am new to the 6X6 world. My MaxII has the 21 inch stock type tires on it and I turned them around because the kind of riding I will do is mostly woods and mud. I was wondering about getting some more aggressive tires for it, any thoughts?
    Chet

If I don't make an effort this time the boys will most likely kill me in my sleep. Chances are we won't be able to be there until the wee hours of Saturday morning and we'll have to leave on Sunday, but Bud, Q, and I should be there. This will be the last ATV trip for Q before he goes into the Marine Corpse, so he wants to make sure he gets to see everybody.

CD- Your only limits on tires are circumference and bank account. If you want better traction in the mud, the Tire & track section of this site will give you a good idea on many that work and don't work, or just as important, those that will fit and won't fit.

4. Rickga, Argo
    5. Locolouie, Argo
    6. Normable1973, Max II
    7. Don, Bud, Q with the BFD and LTD
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Good to hear you and the boys can make it Don.

4. Rickga, Argo
    5. Locolouie, Argo
    6. Normable1973, Max II
    7. Don, Bud, Q with the BFD and LTD
    8. Cdwamsley, Max II
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

+ Reply to Thread