Not your Father's riding mower

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not your Father's riding mower

Not your Father's riding mower

An idea of what goes on at E.C. where some of us get briggs performance parts. This is a Tecumseh, very potent and 1/2 the price of a vanguard. Guys like this, and Whipper, who get paid to do fun stuff.. I'm jealous.

Another EC motor going on a mower
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

That Tecumseh looks mean! I like the billet flywheel.

Hey guys, I wonder why Tecumseh never got into the horizontal shaft V-twin engines like Briggs, Kohler, and Kawasaki. I think the last higher horsepower horizontal shaft engines that they made were the Oh160 and OH 180 16hp and 18hp motors.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The mower guys posted some race weekend results.. here's a pic and a vid of George testing the track. Looks like a 50 cubic inch vertical shaft Tecumseh.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nehouse054.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nehouse080.flv
    Last edited by Roger S; 08-10-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Holy..... friggen..... crap....

That sounds absolutely amazing. I'm stupid about Tecumsehs. Is a 50ci vertical a single or a twin? I simply have no idea. It sounds like a big single to me....

I mean... GD!
    ~m

I know Mike, it's jaw dropping. Wonder what it's like to pilot the thing All I know about them is what I read on the internet The first post in this thread has some pics of a tecumseh twin.. a little different than the tecumseh on my mini bike decades ago..

Roger ,

I had no idea that a tecumseh twin could run like that down a straight away . That riding lawn mower was SMOKIN FAST ! I,m very impressed !

I didn't watch the video (Dial-up takes too long to d-load) ,but I saw the picture. That thing IS TOO COOL! Jegs' actually sells high performance parts for these motors. Around here (Somewhere in Wisconsin) they actually have tractor pulls and drag races with these things. I've gone to car shows where 8 and 10 year olds had rear engine dragsters run by these little motors. Actually watched one run down the 1/4mile. THEM LITTLE THINGS WILL DO 50MPH!!! Like you said" alot different than the tecumseh that I had on my mini-bike years ago.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

Hey guys,

Thanks for those links.....they were pretty helpful, there's quite a few guys modifying Honda motors...could come in handy
    Hammers should have warning labels.

i'M AWAY FROM HOME FOR THE WEEK AND HAVE HIGH SPEEEEED INTERNET FOR A CHANGE AND THAT IS ONE OF THE FIRST VIDEOS i HAVE SEEN AND THAT MOWER IS SMOOOKIN FAST. VERY COOL. i HAVE AN OLD WHEEL HORSE THAT I PLAN ON TURNING INTO A PULLING TRACTOR SOMEDAY BUT IT WON'T BE THAT FAST.. SETH

+ Reply to Thread