1971 Bazoo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 Bazoo

pics....more pics...LOL

need to get some 3-5 bolt adapters made up I suppose eh?
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    pics....more pics...LOL

need to get some 3-5 bolt adapters made up I suppose eh?
    Adair Argo sells them pretty cheap. A few people I know have purchased them from there and claim the studs would have cost more to buy on their own than what Tim sells the adaptor for. It may be worth looking into.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Adair Argo sells them pretty cheap. A few people I know have purchased them from there and claim the studs would have cost more to buy on their own than what Tim sells the adaptor for. It may be worth looking into.
    My adapters studs and nuts cost around 115 Canadian for me. Had adapters cut out of 3/8 German SAW steel, very high grade steel, laser cut, cost can't disclose that info as it's special one off deal! Holes where perfectly aligned was awesome!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Yup I'll most likely go the route of all new hubs made at the local machine shop.. i'll weld them on myself. looking like one axle needs replacing too..
    WP_000534.jpg
    IMGP2025.jpg
    It's the one in the middle.. got the factory rear hub on it.. it's the only one with play.
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

It's alive ! rebuilt the Walbro.. fired up the CCW 400

Sounds good. That has got to be a good motivator to finish the build.

Nice sounding, that's just great that its running nice! Keep up the posts, hope to maybe do some wheeling sometime together! we have some great Power lines and lakes locally here just up above my place to go to if you like
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    Nice sounding, that's just great that its running nice! Keep up the posts, hope to maybe do some wheeling sometime together! we have some great Power lines and lakes locally here just up above my place to go to if you like
    I'll need a finished Bazoo first... And now I'm pulling things apart.. I'll have the frame out soon.

Last night I got the axles out and the frame is ready to lift out.. Someone came by the shop yesterday to see the Bazoo.. He has had a few 6 wheelers and wanted to see what I was up too.. and he tells me to keep the rims that I have and those double hubs.. Just get new tires.. So the rims are in good shape.. and I have two good tires.. any thoughts ?? out there.. why have others gone the route of adapters ?
    WP_000540.jpgWP_000544.jpg

Most people that go with the adapters do not have the rims you have, they were on Argo's from the factory for a short time.

+ Reply to Thread