1971 Bazoo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1971 Bazoo

Yes I could see that the rims could be damaged or rusted bad.. These are in good shape and with a sand blast & paint job they will be fine. It's a challenge to source out the same tires.. Carlisle has changed the tread pattern a bit.. AT101's are the new version. And here they are $100 a piece. I'm looking for older stock. We'll see. Tonight We pulled the frame out..
    WP_000546.jpgWP_000547.jpg
    That Transmission that I have must be rare... it's a Boyles ? and I can't find any info on it.. Or I just don't know where to look... Good thing it works .
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

Here's some freshly sandblasted wheels exactly like yours on ebay.....VERY cheap too.

Argo 6x6 Wheels 70's Three Hole Set of 2 Powder Coated Silver | eBay

And here are Carlisle AT101 tires for under $63 per tire with free shipping.

Carlisle AT101 Chevron Tires 599044 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at PowerSports Place
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ya I know, tear down rebuild, fab, modify and assemble, I've got the same bug LOL I'm watching so hopefully it's ready in summer. I'm doing what I can to make my setup work well for the summer this year. I really want to get some seat time in on some hard trails.

There is one trail I'll be working on trying to make access for our machines/quads and people. It took a big hit last year and two years ago with massive washouts. I'd like to rebuild the trail and get it machine friendly if possible. Some say it's not! I think pick/shovel/chainsaw it's doable! Trial leads uphil 1000ft total vertical height to a water fall, slow steady uphill grind!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    Ya I know, tear down rebuild, fab, modify and assemble, I've got the same bug LOL I'm watching so hopefully it's ready in summer. I'm doing what I can to make my setup work well for the summer this year. I really want to get some seat time in on some hard trails.

There is one trail I'll be working on trying to make access for our machines/quads and people. It took a big hit last year and two years ago with massive washouts. I'd like to rebuild the trail and get it machine friendly if possible. Some say it's not! I think pick/shovel/chainsaw it's doable! Trial leads uphil 1000ft total vertical height to a water fall, slow steady uphill grind!
    not too much fabing.. some adjustments and rework one axle. Thanks jpswift1 for the link.. I'll most likley order six new boots at that price. We have a lot of great trails here to..

Quote Originally Posted by robeye View Post
    not too much fabing.. some adjustments and rework one axle. Thanks jpswift1 for the link.. I'll most likley order six new boots at that price. We have a lot of great trails here to..
    Happy to help! That's what we're all here for.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Re-glassing the tub.. It was a mess.. even had very rusty metal in between layers of glass.. lots of grinding..
    WP_000553.jpg
    Also leaking in numerous places..

got the tub painted now..
    WP_000575.jpg

also built a new dash for the Bazoo.. with all new goodies and the stuff I wanted.
    WP_000574.jpg

The only thing kept from the old dash is the 12 volt power point. added a horn.. just cause I can.. A main power on light. and on indicator lights for the head lights and the running lights. The extra hole is for the choke control. The whole thing removes easy to get at the fuses & wires. And it angles just a touch for better access.
    Last edited by robeye; 02-12-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Lookin' good

Got the whole thing painted now.. And the motor all spiffed up..
    WP_000587.jpg
    WP_000586.jpg
    Turns out the CCW engine is a 290 cc which I believe to be to optional higher HP motor. It almost seemed to be adapted.. but maybe not.
    You can see the whole restore at my blog.. http://www.robeye.net/2014/01/14/bazoo/

been while...any updates Rob?
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread