1971 Bazoo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 Bazoo

1971 Bazoo

I'm starting to have a closer look at the Bazoo.. this one seams to be original.. but really how would I know. The motor is a CCW 400 twin, carb is a Walbro WR6 ..and I may need parts for that .. Where?
    IMGP2018.jpg
    Any help or info would be nice.. also How many of these are out there.. no manuals..
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

Quote Originally Posted by robeye View Post
    I'm starting to have a closer look at the Bazoo.. this one seams to be original.. but really how would I know. The motor is a CCW 400 twin, carb is a Walbro WR6 ..and I may need parts for that .. Where?
    Attachment 11484
    Any help or info would be nice.. also How many of these are out there.. no manuals..
    Try Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Dennis Kirk carries the carb kits. My Attex has the same engine as you, its a strong runner.

I'm glad someone from the site for this, it was too much to ship to the US. Looks like fun.

after a close look and dismantle I see everything in good condition.. gaskets are not as old as the carb.. but I'm missing the low speed needle and the cable clamp/ lever for the choke. Before I do to much I'm going to check the motor over good.. compression and such.. no point in the carb if I need to look at a different motor. Would be nice to keep things as original as possible but I would like to use the Bazoo not just look at it ..

after a close look and dismantle I see everything in good condition.. gaskets are not as old as the carb.. but I'm missing the low speed needle and the cable clamp/ lever for the choke. Before I do to much I'm going to check the motor over good.. compression and such.. no point in the carb if I need to look at a different motor. Would be nice to keep things as original as possible but I would like to use the Bazoo not just look at it ..
    To quote one of my fav ventriloquists..."What the Hell" 1998 Polaris Sportsman 500 Quad | Rob's Workshop is not your current project...we wanna see pics LOL

Sounds like you scored Way to go!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    To quote one of my fav ventriloquists..."What the Hell" 1998 Polaris Sportsman 500 Quad | Rob's Workshop is not your current project...we wanna see pics LOL

Sounds like you scored Way to go!
    Well hello follow BC'er.. Yes the Polaris needs to be finihed up and the shop tidied up for the Bazoo. Patience .. the photos will come once I've got the tarp off.. and in the shop.. and I just today started the new post on my web site.

Well hello follow BC'er.. Yes the Polaris needs to be finihed up and the shop tidied up for the Bazoo. Patience .. the photos will come once I've got the tarp off.. and in the shop.. and I just today started the new post on my web site.
    LOL Howdee...

I called about that bazoo was considering it but really want something a bit larger and maybe 8 wheel instead.

Hope it works well for you. Hurry up and get it in shop so we can follow your build.

Maybe if you get that beast up n running we could hook up and do some AATV'ing sometime in future?

Not sure how far you are from Me, I'm not too far from Penticton
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Two hours drive.. from you.. I see your into Kubota.. I have a BX 1850. And if you go to www.http://robeye.blog.com/2012/12/kubota-f2400/ you'll see a post about the Kubota F2400 I rescued from the weeds.. It's now cutting a soccer field in Penticton. That is a good example of what can can do ..
    Last edited by robeye; 01-15-2014 at 12:18 AM.

The Bazoo made it into the shop last night.. got the wheels off and some of the plywood add-ons..
    IMGP2023.jpg

those rims & the hubs are strange.. I can see why folks change over to 8" trailer wheels.

+ Reply to Thread