anyone know the history on this racer?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone know the history on this racer?

"new" attex for me?

i'm going to look at an attex this weekend. the guy doesn't know much about them... didn't know the year/model. the engine is good, tires are shot, said there are some cracks around the rear axle. is that anything to worry about, or a common problem? i have a terra tiger, but would really like machine with reverse. everyone talks about the T-20... is the baker hill a bad trans? not even sure what this machine has... just wondering what i need to look out for. thanks in advance guys
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Is the Attex in NC? If so and you end up not getting it, let me know.

McCoy

The Baker Hill is actually a pretty good transmission. If it is currently running and driving and you plan on just driving it rather than restoring it right now, just check the bearings, chains, and amount of travel in the steering levers. Just about every Attex held up very well over the years, but sometimes there would be a small hairline crack that can easily be welded in the front of the frame near the part that is cut out to clear the front brake discs on 1971+ machines. Other than that, I would say that they are similar to a Max or Hustler and to just look over the basics. Plus you could post some pictures up and we could help you out too.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

mccoy. it's up in winston salem... if i don't get it i'll e-mail you some pics and the contact info.

jeff, thanks for the info... guy has had it for 8 years and never run it. said the tires are shot, engine is a rockwell... has compression and spark but he's never even tried to start it! i wasn't too clear about the cracks... they are in the body, although the frame will need a thorough inspection as well. i think i've read a post on here somewhere about fixing the body
    Last edited by racerone3; 04-11-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

anyone know the history on this racer?

went to look at an attex this morning and it was a racer! i had my son with me and it was raining so i didn't get to do a great inspection. the chains were a bit lose, but still had adjustment. right sides turned great, but the left front seems to be locked up... shouldn't be too bad though.... bearings,or chain. if you attex experts will look over the pics and tell me what you think i would really appreciate it
    Attached Images

more pics

more pics
    Attached Images

still more
    Attached Images

Buy it. You got a year to get it ready. I'll look through some of my old videos & see if that number comes up.

Whipper

exactly what i was thinking whipper. sell a few things on ebay this week and it'll be on the trailer home next weekend! i'm also gonna take a look at your videos this evening. where does the brake tie in? could that be the problem with the left front not wanting to turn?

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    where does the brake tie in? could that be the problem with the left front not wanting to turn?
    It's either the brake or bad bearings. Looks like it's been sitting a looong time. It looks like it would be a total disassembly project anyway. The perfect time for an 1.25" axle conversion?

Whipper

+ Reply to Thread